Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Feb 18, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

I'm struggling with food options at Epcot

We haven't been to Epcot for 9 years so in September we plan to get there for opening and stay till it closes. We are happy to eat on the go during the day but we do like to sit down at some point for a meal as a family. The types of places we usually eat at when at WDW are TRex, Rainforest Cafe, Wolfgang Puck, Bongos etc.

The problem we have is we don't do anything too posh/fancy and we all like different kinds of food... my husband likes steak & chips, my 2 daughters are quite fussy and would probably want pizza or burgers but I like Mexican, Chinese, Mediterranean etc.

I've gone through the menus online but I don't think the girls would like Teppan Edo unfortunately, we don't want to do a character meal as our girls are 19 and 18, so all I can see as possible options are Via Napoli or Rose and Crown... but they don't appeal to me that much.

Is there anywhere within walking distance of Epcot where we could pop out, eat then come back - one of the resorts maybe?

I would appreciate any comments that can help me decide! Thanks

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If you exit on to the Boardwalk via International Gateway you will have ESPN, and Big River Grill out on the Boardwalk and the Ale & Compass in the Yacht Club which might suit your party.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Yup. Walk out the International Gateway (between Uk and France). There are loads of options there on ‘The Boardwalk’, including sports bar and Big River Grill is good as is ESPN.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Thank you! These sound much more up our street... we have never seen illuminations before, so do you think we should head back into Epcot to watch or is the view just as good from the Boardwalk? Just had a quick look at the Boardwalk area, I think our family would love to spend a few hours here in the evening

Too many holidays to list! 5 times in Orlando, also done plenty of Caribbean trips & newly converted to cruises (next ones planned for March 2019 & August 2019)
dizzyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
Thank you! These sound much more up our street... we have never seen illuminations before, so do you think we should head back into Epcot to watch or is the view just as good from the Boardwalk? Just had a quick look at the Boardwalk area, I think our family would love to spend a few hours here in the evening
Watch from Epcot, only a few high fireworks are visible from BW. You'll miss loads if you stay outside the park.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzyc View Post
I’d go back into the park for the best view of the fireworks. You won’t have to go far from the international gateway so a quick pop back 😀
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
I’d go back into the park for the best view of the fireworks. You won’t have to go far from the international gateway so a quick pop back 😀
Agreed if you have never seen it before plus if you are parked at Epcot or need the transportation option from the front of the park there is no way to get to this once Epcot is closed unless you are in the park
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Mobile

What about beaches and cream too as an option as beach club. Same as what others have said just walk 5 mins through international gateway. It's a ice cream parlour type place but does the best burgers too. We too also really like espn. So a few options. When looking at dining filter to show beach club, yacht club and boardwalk and your options will come up and you can look at the menus and pics of the places. U can't book espn it's walk up only due to the changing nature of the sports games so they give you a little pager to stand near by with. We never wait long. Good luck x
Old 16 Feb 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzyc
Imagineer

Thanks for all the replies. I think we will leave Epcot around 6ish and spend a couple of hours at the Boardwalk, probably have something to eat at ESPN then wander back by 8.30pm ready for illuminations

Old 16 Feb 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We were the same, i was thinking along lines of ESPN but booked rose and crown in the end
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List