Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Feb 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Meal Planning on DDP

Hi all,

This year is our first on site and we have planned our ADRs but I'm not sure how much to plan the other meals.

Do people plan when they will only use snack credits for a meal and when they will have a QS or do they wing it?

I'm worrying about running out of credits and having to eat Mickey Pretzels for lunch instead of a proper meal.

I think the best way to approach it is to have a list of QS places we want to try in each park and see what we fancy on the day, is that a good plan?

Am I over-thinking it

Thanks!
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
Hi all,

This year is our first on site and we have planned our ADRs but I'm not sure how much to plan the other meals.

Do people plan when they will only use snack credits for a meal and when they will have a QS or do they wing it?

I'm worrying about running out of credits and having to eat Mickey Pretzels for lunch instead of a proper meal.

I think the best way to approach it is to have a list of QS places we want to try in each park and see what we fancy on the day, is that a good plan?

Am I over-thinking it

Thanks!
Unless you're a very big eater I wouldn't worry. From what I've seen, most people waste half their credits on Goofy Candy on the last day.
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do have a rough plan for QS and snacks but mainly because I enjoy the planning. We go during Food & Wine so I like to try and keep snacks for that. Also last year we had a BoG breakfast on our last day and I didn’t want to have to pay OOP for that.
You have to remember that the worse case scenario is that you may have to pay for your lunch one day - not that you’ll be force-fed a Mickey pretzel!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

We had our ADRs and didn’t plan QS or snacks.

I didn’t use snack credits for getting cheaper items such as water etc as figured it was a waste... when we checked out, we had 26 snack credits left (this was when you only got one a day and was converted QS meals too). We ended up with a ton of sweets to bring home.

I really wouldn’t worry, dining plan is a LOT of food, you won’t go hungry
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I plan my qs meals by looking at the parks I’ll be in. I’m a veggie, DD a very fussy eater so rather than waste time there walking around in the heat trying to find somewhere suitable it’s easier to look at the menus online here and know where to head.

Snacks are great so I’ll have a list if some favourites but won’t plan these for each day.

We always use all our credits...but easy to remember that each day you use the ones alllocated so no danger if running out.

It’s the best bit of the holiday!
Enjoy your planning.
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Hi all,

Am I over-thinking it

Thanks!
Try not to worry. Most people don't think that they will have enough food when they look at it on paper, but in reality they find out that it's plenty of food. We've had the dining plan 5 times and never needed to buy any extra food, drinks or snacks. We do take the mini variety boxes of cereal with us as sometimes we like a quick breakfast in our room before heading out for the day (buy milk from the resort shop), so that suits us better. It's certainly not because we need to pad out the food or credits.

It might help you to have a read of a few food reports. I wrote a quick service one when we went last April which you can find here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966
This is a good ddp report too: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=992135

For QS meals and snacks, I like to have a good idea of places and snacks I'd like to try in each park, so when tummies start to rumble I know what to head for. Food reports will give you some good ideas for that too. The only thing I would add is that if you want breakfast or lunch at Be Our Guest, then you're best off booking an adr for that. It's the only QS meal that requires an ADR so you do need to plan that one.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

My plan is to use credits for absolutely everything! In whatever form i can 😀 no money changing hands even for water ha
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks all. Loves2plan we've read your quick service trip report, it was what convinced us to stay on site! I'll have a read of the DDP one, thanks.

I've started compiling lists of snacks and QS places we want to try for each park so we don't end up wandering aimlessly looking for somewhere we fancy.

We are hoping to get an ADR for a BOG 8am(ish) breakfast, that is already on the list.
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi all,

Am I over-thinking it

Thanks!
I didn’t plan anything other than ADRs. I had an idea of which QS we might like to try although only did a couple in the end. We had Mickey pretzel for lunch (by choice) loads of times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thanks all. Loves2plan we've read your quick service trip report, it was what convinced us to stay on site! I'll have a read of the DDP one, thanks.

I've started compiling lists of snacks and QS places we want to try for each park so we don't end up wandering aimlessly looking for somewhere we fancy.

We are hoping to get an ADR for a BOG 8am(ish) breakfast, that is already on the list.
Before our first trip I did a lot of research about QS places. I basically looked at every single menu, and when I found one I liked the look of, or that had more interesting options, then I copied and pasted it in to a Word document. So, I then had a few pages for each park with the best QS places, menus and I'd also highlighted meals that I thought we'd all like. It worked out to be a couple of sheets per park, which I just folded up and took with me, so it didn't really take up any room. Then when we were hungry, I referred to that and we went to one of them. It meant that we didn't end up at burger/hot dog places constantly, which is what I was trying to avoid. Now, I know the parks and restaurants much better, but I found that really helped me for our first trip

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List