Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Feb 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes that’s the one!

Great thanks, i'm gonna read with a fine tooth comb now
Old 20 Feb 18, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bridgetx View Post
We don’t all make multiple trips to the buffet. I make one, my DH might make two and he would consider himself greedy to do that.
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes, I know. You've said so in reply to my post on a previous thread about this. That's why I said I base it on how hard the server works rather than the type of meal, which in some cases (not yours obviously!) can be busier at a buffet. Multiple trips also does not mean people are greedy. I'll normally make 1 trip for starter or salad style options, another for mains and one more for dessert - no different to eating 3 courses. If it's somewhere with things I haven't tried before then I'll get a sample plate with a small amount so I can try them before getting a main portion. Agsin, not greedy in my opinion, but probably is to you.

I honestly don't understand your posts sometimes as some just seem to be judgemental about others behaviour, rather than helpful to the OP, which isn't really what the Dibb is about as far as I'm concerned. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Originally Posted by louvb View Post
The OP was asking for advice on how the dining plan works not a judgment on what people might eat! My DD 10 makes a few trips to the buffet to try different things so if that makes her greedy...
Honestly loves2plan and louvb the above poster likes to add unhelpful "advice" onto threads and a thread turned against her yesterday where she sulked off with her tail between her legs and now is following loves2plan around the board to try and offend her. I'm sure we all know how helpful and knowledgeable loves2plan is, and a lovely person as we can see from her very diplomatic response. However bridgetx really needs to get a grip. Louvb you or your daughter are not greedy in the slightest. A buffet is meant for you to try different plates of food, and who knows maybe bridgetx piles her one plate very high, well it would have to be to match her horse 😜

To the op, yes you tip 15-20% on the meal total including drinks, we usually have this billed back to the room and they paid off using the Disney gift card. The alcohol thing is new for this year so I'd presume we'll be hearing more about that as more dibbers head over and use it.

Edited at 09:22 AM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 01:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by excitedx4 View Post
honestly loves2plan and louvb the above poster likes to add unhelpful "advice" onto threads and a thread turned against her yesterday where she sulked off with her tail between her legs and now is following loves2plan around the board to try and offend her. I'm sure we all know how helpful and knowledgeable loves2plan is as we can see from her very diplomatic response. However bridgetx really needs to get a grip. Louvb you or your daughter are not greedy in the slightest. A buffet is meant for you to try different plates of food, and who knows maybe bridgetx piles her one plate very high, well it would have to be to match her horse 😜

to the op, yes you tip 15-20% on the meal total including drinks, we usually have this billed back to the room and they paid off using the disney gift card. The alcohol thing is new for this year so i'd presume we'll be hearing more about that as more dibbers head over and use it.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by simonjames30 View Post
A $1 tip to the barman is the norm and expected anywhere in the US.

If you are getting waitress service in a bar and no food a dollar a drink is also fine but if you get food you should tip 20% on the whole bill.
Didn’t realise a $1 tip was enough to be honest - sorry! Don’t think I ever bought a drink from a bar at Disney.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Didn’t realise a $1 tip was enough to be honest - sorry! Don’t think I ever bought a drink from a bar at Disney.
Yeah usually it's $1 per drink to a bar tender or 1 drink $1 tip, 2 drinks $2 tip and so on 😁🤗
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes, I know. You've said so in reply to my post on a previous thread about this. That's why I said I base it on how hard the server works rather than the type of meal, which in some cases (not yours obviously!) can be busier at a buffet. Multiple trips also does not mean people are greedy. I'll normally make 1 trip for starter or salad style options, another for mains and one more for dessert - no different to eating 3 courses. If it's somewhere with things I haven't tried before then I'll get a sample plate with a small amount so I can try them before getting a main portion. Agsin, not greedy in my opinion, but probably is to you.

I honestly don't understand your posts sometimes as some just seem to be judgemental about others behaviour, rather than helpful to the OP, which isn't really what the Dibb is about as far as I'm concerned. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
And the diplomacy prize of the day goes to loves2plan 👍🏻😎
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
And the diplomacy prize of the day goes to loves2plan 👍🏻😎
Vickie really is the most lovely person, any questions on here especially regarding the dining plan she is always there with insightful and knowledgeable advice to anyone and everyone. There is a lot of love on the dibb for our Vickie (loves2plan)
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Vickie really is the most lovely person, any questions on here especially regarding the dining plan she is always there with insightful and knowledgeable advice to anyone and everyone. There is a lot of love on the dibb for our Vickie (loves2plan)
Aw, thank you. That's such a lovely thing to say. I'm not a social media user at all (ref your other thread) and this is the only forum I've ever joined. I found so many helpful people on here when I was planning our first trip that I just wanted to be able to give back and help others whenever I can

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Aw, thank you. That's such a lovely thing to say. I'm not a social media user at all (ref your other thread) and this is the only forum I've ever joined. I found so many helpful people on here when I was planning our first trip that I just wanted to be able to give back and help others whenever I can
It's only the truth. I just don't want you to feel targeted from one bitter member on the board, you are really appreciated xx
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
It's only the truth. I just don't want you to feel targeted from one bitter member on the board, you are really appreciated xx
Thank you I've seen her posts on other threads that I haven't even commented on (I'm a forum spy user), so I know what they can be like sometimes. I don't always agree with everything I read, but if I can't help in any way, then I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List