Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Jet-lag Advice and Tips

How do you deal with jet-lag on your return, please? Never been an issue before due to timing but this year only back 24 hours before going back to work. Just wondered if anybody has any miracle cures/solutions.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not a miracle but if your flight is overnight try to get some sleep on it. Then when you get home get straight into a normal routine even if it means going to bed a bit earlier.

If you sleep more than a nap in the day you'll make it worse.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would like to know too.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I do this every now and again. My advice would be to try as hard as you can to stay awake until a "normal" bedtime. Then if you can take something like a sleepaid to try and keep you asleep that night. Stick to your normal routine as much as possible.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited about Disney

I take melatonin tablet (Walmart) on the plane after the meal, and try to get as much sleep as possible. Then stay awake all day in U.K. until normal bedtime. It still takes me a week to recover tho 💤
877 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

I suffer after the flight there, i never suffer on the flight home. How strange surely im not the only one.
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
try keep a normal routine
melatonin never did my son any good when prescribed it here and it was high doses
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone. We do try and sleep on the plane and do normal on day of return but I'm a lousy sleeper by nature! Will try melatonin.

That's odd Colin but I bet others are like that. Would be an odd world if we were all the same.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

My friend who is a pilot said just do what your body tells you to so now we get home, open the post and then go to bed. We usually sleep 2 or 3 hours and then get up and go back to our normal routine. I find i'm back to normal in 24 hours doing this.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

It depends what time we get home, if we’re home by 7/8am we go straight to bed and set the alarm for the latest 11am drag ourselves out of bed and carry on with the day staying up until our normal bed time (usually about 11pm). If we land later at an airport further away and don’t get home until lunch time we don’t go to bed but stay awake and try to keep busy again going to bed at a normal bed time.

We’re always back at work/school the next day and I think it helps getting straight back into a routine. We’ve never suffered with jet lag.

ETA we can never sleep on the plane.

Edited at 01:10 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List