Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Apr 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

fab reviews,your making me hungry
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Great start! We wouldn't return to OG either, very disappointing! All the rest look amazing
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 15, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

loving it so far!
Was a nice trip together <3
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

So far so good, can't wait to see your onsite dining. I was disappointed with the Flaming Moe too.
Old 14 Apr 15, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

Thanks for the comments everyone...I will continue...

11th November – Giant Doh-nuts and more disappointment at Hard Rock Cafe

After another hotel brekkie, did I mention they were free? We got the free...oh yes, forgot to mention the free shuttle too, to Universal and headed into Studios first today.
By 10 am we were tucking into this bad boy. I didn't give much hope after the whole Krusty experience but I needn't have worried, it was bloomin delicious.

After going for a couple of hours without food we decided to head out of Studios as we'd done what we wanted to do and went to Hard Rock Cafe which had just opened. It was empty, so why they sat us on one of those high seats near the bar I will never know. I ordered a cocktail as I always do in there and was even disappointed in that, as weak as dishwater. I think it was a Purple Haze?

Conor went for the Original and I went for the Texan sandwich.

They were average at best
Another of our favourites that have disappointed us, don't you just hate when that happens.

We headed back into Islands where Conor purchased himself a chocolate frog. We both tasted it... then it went in the bin! He kept the box and cards but I've never tasted chocolate so foul in my life, worse than that stuff they put in cheap advent calendars, yuck!

And not had enough food for the day... boyo decided he wanted Dippin Dots on the way through City Walk.

Called in to Walgreens on the way back to the hotel for some more room supplies and don't know why, as I don't get excited about English sweets, but I love seeing all these stocked on the shelves. Their chocolate needs some work but I do love an American “candy”

12th November – Earl never EVER disappoints and a meal in a glass

Last breakfast in our sweet little hotel before moving to Disney (I wish!) was plentiful and it doesn't look like we had lunch today...maybe that's because we ate for 10 people yesterday eh?
So after settling in to our gorgeous new home in Port Orleans Riverside, we caught the river taxi to Downtown Disney to our favourite favourite counter service, Earl of Sandwich. Conor always gets the same, The Italian.

I used to always get The Caprese but now I'm eating meat again, the (Disney) world is literally my oyster!
I had heard good things, nay, amazing things about The Holiday Sandwich, so it would have been rude not to. OH MY GOD! (yes you've guessed it, salivating again...I'm sure there's medication for that?)

The cupcakes to follow...well they were good, moist and lovely, but hell... the sandwiches man! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G as always.
Conor's red velvet cupcake

My vanilla cupcake

After satisfying our tastebuds yet again we headed round to Raglan Road for a drink and some entertainment. We sat at the bar and I ordered a meal in a glass... half a Guinness. Lush!

Now if you think we've eaten a lot so far... now for Disney's Dining Plan. Yikes!

13th November – Aaaaand sing... gonna eat here until I burst, down by the Riverside, down by the Riverside, down by the Riverside

Even though it was torture our first full day in Disney was not spend in a park! Why? I hear you ask? Well, we were staying for 16 days and I wanted the tickets to last until the day we go home so today was a park free day spent in our lovely new home. There was no complaints from either of us.
We had breakfast...from Riverside Mill. Forgot to take a pic but it was just a pastry each and a drink each. We used our snack credits for our breakfast most days.
We had lunch...in Riverside Mill.
Conor had the Cajun Chicken sandwich which was so good he had it several times more. He washed this down with a very brightly coloured beverage.

I, after reading good things on the dibb about the build your own pasta and salad bars here, went for the pasta with chicken and pesto sauce. I had all sorts thrown in there, I'm not a fussy eater at all. It was a huge portion, plus they give you a garlic bread too, I couldn't manage it it all, but it was really good.

And I have to admit, this was only because we were on the dining plan that I had dessert with most of my meals, well I mean, it's in the plan!
We both had the Carrot cake... it was gooood carrot cake.

Then for dinner...we got takeaway pizza... from Riverside Mill
We chose half n half and it was as good as we remembered our pizzas being when we stayed at Caribbean Beach and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

14th November – Mickey's Very Greedy Food Fest

Breakfast, as I said, most days consisted of me having a stroll over to Riverside Mill and grabbing us a pastry and drink each. I loved this walk every morning, CM's and guests would always say hello, it was like our own little community. Love it. Conor, the lazy so n so, stayed in bed til I got back with his food.
Conor became addicted to Hi-C juice so he always had his refill cup full of that. I always had coffee, no idea why but I loved it from there as it had creamer rather than milk...what better way to start the day, cream, sugar and fat
Only remembered to take a pic when we'd already started eating it.

Lunch, once again was from Riverside Mill. Don't worry we did eat elsewhere, but it is a fantastic food court.
Conor ordered the Chicken Breast nuggets, which he also loved and another luminous beverage. With Red Velvet cake as his choice for dessert. All approved by boyo.
I went for the Cajun Chicken sandwich Conor had yesterday, with apple juice and Vanilla Cheesecake for my dessert. Sandwich was very good, we love a kick to our food and it has a slight one. The cheesecake was deeeeeelish! So an all round thumbs up for Riverside Mill again.

We had our first park “day” today as I'd cleverly booked Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party so we weren't in Disney a whole 2 days with no park action. That would have been a big fat no no. We of course got there for spot on 4pm when party goers can officially enter the park. We were tucking into this by 4:30.
Dinner was from our favourite counter service in MK, Cosmic Rays. Now bearing in mind what I'd already eaten that day AND I'd booked the Dessert Party, I went for a Greek salad. It was ok. No idea what the drink was and never did eat the carrot cake.
Conor went for the Grilled Chicken sandwich, which he always does in here. It was a success, as always. Again, no idea what his drink was and the chocolate cake was binned with the carrot cake.

So...we only had to wait until 9pm for the Wishes Dessert party to stuff our greedy faces again.
Oh hang on, no we don't, free cookies and hot chocolate at Pinocchio Village Haus.

So time for the Dessert Party and this is where our gluttony showed. We both had a couple of plates of desserts but not all was eaten, not all were nice, infact, I can't even comment on what we had, liked, disliked... we'd just totally overdone it and our poor stomachs were screaming at us to stop.
We had this...

There was a good point to the Dessert Party though...we were sat right at the front and the view of Wishes was AMAZING! Loved every second.

15th November – A walk around the 'World' to burn off yesterdays calories

We were up early this morning to head to Epcot for our UnDiscovered Futureworld Tour so skipped breakfast, but to be fair, there was enough on us to keep us going for some time.
During the tour we stopped off at Sunshine Seasons for a comfort break where we all got a drink and greedy Annie here, eyes bigger than my belly, ordered a Pumpkin spiced cheesecake. I had to literally inhale it before we had to move on but again, it was delicious.

Look at all these goodies, how could I not?

After the tour finished we ended up in World Showcase so went for a late lunch in Liberty Inn.
I ordered the Angus Cheesburger which was my first ever beef burger in America. It was really nice too.

I got Rockie Road Mousse Brownie for dessert, which I kindly shared with Conor... it was bloomin lush!

Conor got the Chilli Hot Dog and a smoothie instead of a dessert, hence me sharing mine. Pah!

It too was really nice.

However dear readers, that of course was not it...no, you'd think after yesterday we'd give ourselves a rest. Well no, I'd managed to secure a late booking at Le Cellier after ditching Teppan Edo and House of Blues from our itinerary.
This we did not regret. Our favourite meal of the holiday, no question. I ordered a Glowtini and Conor got a weird looking smoothie (like it has seperated, but tasted gorgeous)
By the way, photos are a bit dodgy cos my phone had died and the camera on Conor's was a bit pants.

Of course I had to have the Cheddar Cheese soup for starter while Conor munched his way through the pretzel bread. Oh dear god I've never tasted anything quite like it.

I ordered Filet Mignon of course, cooked medium rare, I have never tasted anything so good in my entire life. Beautiful cut of meat cooked to perfection. I couldn't eat all of the risotto as I was so full from the steak but it was lovely too.

Conor had the Dry-Aged Boneless Rib-Eye. When the waitress brought this out our jaws almost hit the floor and the 2 American girls on the table next to us laughed out loud at our reaction. It was HUMUNGOUS! The photo doesn't do it justice. Conor also claims this is the best thing he has ever tasted and I believe him as he virtually sucked the bone dry.

Not that I had room for dessert but again had to try the Maple Creme Brulee...thankfully it wasn't too big and I managed to find a little room for it to slide down. It too was delicious.

Conor got, I think, the Smoking Chocolate Mousse. He enjoyed that too.

We had totally overdone it again and were both so full we decided to head back home to rest... our jaws and bellys!

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

Trip Report - December 2010
Food Report - November 2013
Florida Road Trip - November 2015
disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

16th November – Grand Floridian Cafe and Wedding cake on Seven Seas Lagoon

Today we had a non park day, which was lucky as it rained, all day. Not lucky for our lovely new friend's Beth and Scott who were getting married today.
I did the usual breakfast run.

Then later for lunch we went to Riverside Mill for a change.
I had a Build your own salad, and like the pasta, I had all sorts thrown in. Doesn't look too appetising but it was lush. By the way, you can have either chicken or steak with this, I had the steak and they tossed loads of it in to the salad. Again, I was trying to be “good” and had fruit for dessert.

Conor had the Cajun Chicken sandwich again. And he was so impressed with my cheesecake he had that.

All went down well with, you guessed it, a luminous beverage.

We made a bit of an effort for our evening plans as not only were we eating at Grand Floridian Cafe (Ok it's not that posh) but we were meeting up with the newly weds and joining them on their Wishes Cruise. Very exciting!

But first our meal at Grand Floridian Cafe.
I ordered a Smoked Turkey cocktail which is now my fave ever cocktail... that you can't get here! Boooooo!

Conor ordered one of those weird looking smoothies again.

And the bread was gorgeous and plentiful.

I ordered the New York strip, medium rare. Twas a very good steak and the bearnaise sauce was yummy.

Conor loves loves loves lobster so he had the Surf and Turf Burger...he was in his element.

Now dessert was interesting as we were both a “little” surprised with what was delivered to the table, as it wasn't quite what we had thought we'd ordered.
I ordered the Chocolate Fondue (menu reads: Chocolate Fondue with Fruit, Brownie Bites, and Campfire Marshmallows)
This is what I got.

Hmmm... not quite as described but was actually really nice, albeit messy to eat and no brownie... heathens!
Conor ordered the Boston Cream Pie.
The waiter delivered it to the table and Conor's face was a picture. He picked the plate up, looked under it as if to say “where's the rest? ” To a chorus of laughter from the a group of American adults on the table next to us who had witnessed it all and obviously found Conor's bemusement hilarious.
This is what he got

I enjoyed this meal but Conor just said it was ok. So probably not somewhere we'd bother with again.

Then it was time to meet Beth and Scott and considering the poor souls were soaked through, Beth looked beautiful. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing this piccie of them.

The Wishes Cruise was amazing, one of the highlights of the holiday and myself and Conor will always be thankful to Beth and Scott for letting us ambush their big day, especially when I was meant to be their photographer for the evening and Conor ended up doing it. Anyway, I'm digressing again. Whilst on the cruise we had a slice of this each. Yum!

Afterwards they dropped Conor and I off at home in their Mustang. We thought we were the bees knees! Lovely couple and we're so glad we met them.

Ramada 2001, Quality Inn Plaza 2004, Imperial Swan/Caribbean Beach 2008, Imperial Swan/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Econolodge 2010, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside/Bay Lake Tower 2013, Florida Road Trip/Beach Club Villas 2015, Port Orleans Riverside/Villas at Grand Floridian 2017, Comfort Inn/Port Orleans Riverside 2018, Port Orleans Riverside 2019, Castle Inn & Suites, Anaheim 2020

disneydaft70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 15, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
OMG amazing food report, can't wait to see more. x
Old 15 Apr 15, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Really enjoying your food report... thank you and keep it coming!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great report! Le Cellier is one of our favourites as well. You're making Riverside Mill & POR really appealing!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 15, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft70
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ycryan View Post
OMG amazing food report, can't wait to see more. x
Originally Posted by Lulu Belle View Post
Really enjoying your food report... thank you and keep it coming!
Thank you, got the rest to write up now, so I best get cracking

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Great report! Le Cellier is one of our favourites as well. You're making Riverside Mill & POR really appealing!
Our's too now, we both loved the meal and service was faultless.

As for Riverside Mill and POR, I can't even express how much we totally fell in love with the place and RM was, again, faultless. Even when mega busy the food did not disappoint. We will definitely return one day soon.

JA x

Edited at 12:52 PM.