Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start

Virgin meal used to be pasta boognaise for kids which i'm sure a lot more kids eat than sweet andsour pork
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Great updates. Shame the service was so slow at Steak & Shake as the food always gets great reviews
Yummy strawberry shortcake at Sunshine Seasons - we love it!
Those Lobsters look HUGE!
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another food report, lovely!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Oooh I love the look of the Strawberry Shortcake. I've seen it mentioned a few times but haven't ever got round to it.

Great updates of some "out of the box" places.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SpaceLady
Getting Excited

Food reports are my favourite. Thanks for writing one 😀
SpaceLady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 15, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading the rest.
Old 18 Aug 15, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sunday 26th July
Golden Coral – 192 (near marker 6)

We decided to go out to breakfast this morning. We had decided on the Golden Coral having been on previous trips and enjoyed it. I know there is a bit of a love hate relationship with the Golden Coral on the Dibb. We didn’t enjoy breakfast here this morning, so much so that we decided that we wouldn’t return for breakfast.

Our problem was that there was too many things that have nothing to do with Breakfast. They had fried chicken, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes and many other things that I had no desire to eat so early in the morning. I also felt that the bacon here was quite tasteless.

Neither of us drink Tea or Coffee so we tend to stick to juice in the mornings (I cant be doing with fizzy drinks first thing either!) The juice here is self-serve via a drinks dispenser similar to how you would use self-serve fizzy drinks. On this occasion the orange juice was so watered down it was close to tasteless & the apple juice seemed the opposite, so sweet it could have done with some water in it.

Here are some photos of the food that we had.

We went for breakfast choices with some chips thrown in for good measure, sausages, bacon, sausage patties, hash browns and French toast. One of the kids had some cereal (in the background)

The cost here was around $26 for the four of us which isn’t bad. We left $30 inc tip

Score 4/10
Old 18 Aug 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Casey’s Corner Hotdogs – Magic Kingdom

We were in the Magic Kingdom this evening and had decided just to grab a quick service meal whilst we were here. We decided on Casey’s Corner to grab some (as Sophie likes to call them) Mickey Hotdogs.

Sophie had a plain hotdog with fries (sorry no photo – have another later in the report) - $8.29
Andy & I both went for the BBQ Slaw Dog - $9.99

I had a Coke, Andy a Fanta ($2.99 each) and the kids an apple juice each ($2.79)
The heat had been getting to George at this point and he hadn’t been eating a whole lot (he didn’t really eat as much as he normally does for the entire trip) He’s also not keen on hot dogs so he just shared bits of ours.

These were really tasty and we always really enjoy the hot dogs here, the only small complaint (and it’s not really a complaint) is that Im sure that the equivalent hot dogs in Disneyland Paris are longer.

Total Cost $37.04 + tax

Score 7/10
Old 18 Aug 15, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Lemon Slush – Big Top Treats

A little later in the evening we got some slushes from Big Top Treats to cool down, we shared a Blue Raspberry and a Lemon one. I like a nice lemon slush they are so refreshing. This one was nice (sorry about the blurred photo, I couldn’t get a decent one in the dark.) As an aside I also really enjoy the lemon slush in Universal studios. We got a couple of these but didn’t photograph any.

Approx cost $3.75

Score 8/10 (Universal Studios 9/10)
Old 18 Aug 15, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Craft-ique

Monday 27th July
Pizza Hut buffet – near crossroads

Today we went to Blizzard Beach, we came out of here at about 13.30 & we were all hungry so we decided to go to a Pizza Hut Buffet.

This is pretty similar to an English Pizza Hut buffet there are a selection of salads, Pizzas & Pastas. The one difference here is that they provide some strange looking sweet pizzas. It looked like pizza bases with fruit sauce or jam on. They also had bread sticks with cinnamon on. None of us fancied any of these.

Here is a photo of our Pizza selection.

The service was good here, (we actually had the same server as on our last visit in 2012) We arrived quite near the end of the buffet & our server came round and told us that he was going to put the last pizza in the oven and did we have any requests. We thought this was really good. We had actually finished at this point so we didn’t take him up on it.

I don’t have a breakdown of the bill but I have written down that it cost $25

Score 7/10