Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Oct 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
And they lived fat-ily ever after - Our honeymoon food report

As we got back from our honeymoon on Tuesday and I am now sitting at home off sick from work, I thought I would get started on posting some food pictures! I more or less got pictures of everything we ate over our trip, but looking back some of the pictures aren't as great as I'd hoped! Hopefully you can still appreciate the yumminess despite my terrible photography skills!

Travel Day
The Beehive Gatwick
VA plane food
Millers Ale House

Day 1
Denny's
Bahama Breeze

Day 2
Plaza Garden
Red Lobster

Day 3
McDonald's
Victoria and Albert's

Day 4
Sassagoula Floatwork's
Beaches and Cream

Day 5
Sanaa

Day 6
Food & Wine Festival Part 1
Food & Wine Festival Part 2

Day 7
Trick or Treating
Casey's Corner

Day 8
Sassagoula Floatworks
Flying Fish Cafe

Day 9
Sassagoula Floatworks
Earl of Sandwich

Day 10
Sassagoula Floatworks
Fulton's

Day 11
Chef Mickey's
Contempo Cafe

Day 12
50's Primetime
Contempo Cafe

Day 13
Contempo Cafe
Hard Rock Cafe
Emack and Bolios

Day 14
Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard
HRH Beachclub

Day 15
Emack and Bolios

Day 16
Red Oven Pizza Bakery
Coldstone Creamery
The Palm

Day 17
McDonalds
VA plane food

Day 1
The Beehive
This is actually the day before day 1, but thought I would lump it in with travel day. We went to Gatwick straight from work, and after both having to work late to get stuff finished and then checking in to Bloc (which was fab!) we sat down to eat at around 9, and we were famished!

I had a mozzarella, tomato and pesto panini which was super tasty and Steve had the Tennessee burger which was epic. Unfortunately he wouldn't let me photograph it! Don't worry though, he gets into the whole food photograph thing early on in the holiday.

We hit M&S after this and bought some snacks and drinks to have before bed, chocolate covered pretzels and raisins, a couple of cocktails and some cava. We had a little picnic in bed while watching some TV.

VA plane food
I had the tomato and ricotta rigatoni which was actually super tasty, I really enjoyed this a lot.

Steve had the butter chicken curry (again no picture, sorry, I do get better I promise!) He enjoyed this too, both very good for plane food!

Miller's Ale House
Once we had checked in at the Rosen Inn we wandered out with the plan being to go to Friendly's. The plan was soon abandoned however when we walked past Miller's! We weren't massively starving so ordered a Zinger Mountain melt with an appetizer portion of onion rings. This was the biggest portion on onion rings ever, couldn't believe they classed this as an appetizer!

I also had a strawberry margarita which was lush.

This was all really delicious, although it did defeat us in the end meaning we left a few onion rings. The mountain melt had been on my bucket list for a while though so was very glad to tick this one off, and it was definitely worth waiting for.

Edited at 09:56 AM.
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

78 views and no comments - can't believe I'm first. Looking forward to more - my hubby got into the photo taking of food too - eventually. ☺
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Fab start can't wait for the rest
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
curry1402
VIP Dibber

Oooh ! Love food photos

2005 Emerald Island Resort
2010 Regal Sun Resort
2013 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH
2014 Old Key West & RPR
2016 Old Key West & HRH
2018 Old Key West & RPR
curry1402 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Food reports are my favourite! Can't wait to read more

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

great start,i am looking forward to millers next year,that zinger melt looks well nice
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Food looks amazing, can't wait for the rest x
Old 23 Oct 15, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Mobile

Great start looking forward to the rest of the report

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2
Denny's
We were up and out early today for a Segway tour of Celebration and had planned to eat at the Market Street Cafe, but they had a yard sale event on and Celebration was absolutely mobbed, so we headed to Denny's on the way back to the Rosen Inn. Steve had the Ultimate Skillet and I had the Peanut Buttercup pancakes, with bacon and cheesy scrambled eggs.

Sorry don't have a close up of Steve's but he said it was really good. Mine was pretty awesome, I'm glad I went for it as I nearly talked myself out of it after looking at the calorie count (why?!?!?). I did feel slightly bad when the waiter took my empty plate and said he's never seen anyone finish it as they are so rich ... Steve did help me I promise!

Bahama Breeze
This was another one on the bucket list that I'd read a lot about. We had a really great meal and the place had a great atmosphere, we will definitely go back here next time we are in Orlando.

We had a little wait for a table as it was a Saturday night and the place was jumping, but we were seated after about 20 minutes so not too bad really.

I ordered one of the cocktail flights and these were really good. I'm not normally a fan of coconut-ty drinks but I even enjoyed this one, although my favourite was the Zombie.

Steve got one of those cocktails in a pineapple dealios, although I didn't write down exactly what it was. I think it was like a frozen strawberry daiquiri. Whatever it was it was very strong but very nice, and of course I had to taste for reporting purposes.

I ordered the lighter portion of the Calypso Shrimp Linguine which was heavenly.

Steve went for the Jerk Chicken pasta. I didn't actually get to try this but he ate the lot so I assume this was tasty.

I really wanted to try the key lime pie but we were stuffed, so we headed back to the bar for more cocktails before calling it a night.
sarahw607 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 15, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahw607
Proud to wear my Ears

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3
Plaza Garden Restaurant
We hit the breakfast buffet at the Rosen Inn before heading off for a morning at the outlets. This was ridiculously cheap, less than $10 each, and pretty tasty! They had a waffle station, so I got to have my first Mickey waffle before we hit Disney, woo!

Sorry I didn't get pictures of the buffet selection as it was pretty busy in here, so all I have are some unattractive pictures of my plates!

First plate included said waffle, with some gloriously crispy bacon, eggs, some french toast and some tots. This was my first tots experience and they were so good, and they did seem to be more prevalent on this trip so I got to eat many more during the holiday.

The second plate was mostly tots and bacon, with a biscuit that was kind of dry so I didn't finish that, and a cheese quesadilla that you can just see at the back, which was also pretty dry, but strangely yummy at the same time.

Steve's breakfast was camera shy this morning but he had very similar to me! They also had fruits and yogurts and such things but we were much more interested in the hot offerings!

Red lobster
Steve wasn't keen on going here as he's not a big seafood person, but he ended up really enjoying this meal, as did I. Another winner!

First of all we were given the biscuits and these definitely lived up to the hype! I ate 3 before we'd even ordered

The meals we ordered came with salads, and we both went for caesar.

Steve went for the Lobster Scampi Linguine which was lobster over linguine in a white wine and garlic scampi sauce. He thoroughly enjoyed this.

I really wanted to go for the Bar Harbour Lobster Bake, which I had picked online before we went, but when I saw the calorie count on the menu I decided against it as it was nearly 2000 calories. I really don't want this sort of information on my holidays, I'd rather not know! Instead I went for the Ultimate feast which was a lobster tail, crab legs, garlic shrimp and Walt's favourite shrimp. This was amazing and I ate every last bit.

No desserts again as we were too full.