Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 9 Aug 16, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
muffa2308
Imagineer

Whats up with some US food?

Tried a root beer for the 1st time! oh my god. FOUL... Tastes and smells a little like medicine of some sort. It lasted 1 sip and found it's way down the sink. Don't even get me started on Hersey's! smells exactly like vomit!
muffa2308 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Love Hersheys chocolate funnily enough, but root beer...reminds me of Germolene..not that I've ever tasted it LOL just I imagine it would taste just like root beer
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
Love Hersheys chocolate funnily enough, but root beer...reminds me of Germolene..not that I've ever tasted it LOL just I imagine it would taste just like root beer
Exactly my thoughts. It has that Wintergreen smell. Some American friends of ours in Seattle adore it. I can't abide the stuff. They used to sell at the UK McDs. It lasted all of about 3 months.

My biggest hate are those darn Dill pickles that they seem to stick on everything. Ask for a sandwich without them and they look at you like you committed a cardinal sin. However, I adore American yellow mustard - so much nicer than the fiery stuff we have in the UK.

Edited at 05:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I agree, don't like root beer,

also don't like the tasteless slimy orange stuff we had as "cheesy" (don't think any part of it had ever seen a cow!) loaded fries at Seaworld.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Corn dogs are what make my stomach turn... urgh!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I absolutely love root beer and also wintergreen tic tacs the smell and taste are divine
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

DH loves root beer but I blame that on living in Canada for a few years I can't stand the stuff
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Corn dogs are what make my stomach turn... urgh!
oh I agree with that one too! grease on a stick (yum ? )
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by muffa2308 View Post
Tried a root beer for the 1st time! oh my god. FOUL... Tastes and smells a little like medicine of some sort. It lasted 1 sip and found it's way down the sink. Don't even get me started on Hersey's! smells exactly like vomit!
You could be me! I hated root beer when I tried it and have been saying for years Hersheys kisses taste and smell like vomit
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 16, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh and meatloaf (they used to serve it up for dinner when I worked at a summer camp in the US... )
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List