Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 16, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Food Report August 2016 - 15 nights of DDP a couple of offsites. UPDATED 14th Sept

So after 15 nights of stuffing my face with food and reading many food reports before I have decided to do a report for the 15 nights we have just returned from staying onsite with DDP.

There were 8 of us in total and I tried to get as many food photos as I could without causing mass embarrassment or annoyance to everyone else in the group. I have kept a note of costing's and tips and also anything we paid for out of pocket incase this will help anyone else. In some cases I had started eating before I remembered to take any photos, sometimes I forgot and the photos per day will vary from lots to very few (apologies in advance).

We charged all DDP tips to the room along with any extras on the table service meals and used our Disney gift card of $200 to pay some of this off. I would also recommend keeping an eye on your credits too. We once had 3 snacks taken off as 3 table service meals but this was soon rectified when queried at the resort. I had rang to add on my brother in laws birthday to our meal at The Boathouse. When I called Disney they asked if we were celebrating anything else both my sister and myself and our partners are soon to celebrate our wedding anniversaries now we are back so the lady as Disney added this, along with the birthday, onto all the bookings although we didn't expect or ask for this. It varied from place to place, some places nothing, others cards/cupcakes/desserts or sparkling wine so worth adding on if you are also celebrating whilst across there.

This was the second time for us on the DDP and first time for the other people with us. We prebooked all our TS meals and did a variety of breakfast, lunches and dinners and some days had nothing booked and this worked well. We did one offsite shop for water, snacks and breakfast stuff and had three meals offsite which were places the kids wanted to try. It worked well for us, we didn't scrimp on food or drinks and used our snacks and CS as and when we wanted. That said it was a lot of food and we did bring back a lot of sweets even though we became regular visitors to Starbucks for the various iced drinks.

I'll give you a breakdown below of where our table service were booked for and will add in the various snacks and CS as I type up each individual day.

Saturday 13th - Travel Day & Earl of Sandwich - completed
Sunday 14th - Chef Mickeys breakfast, Universal and Walmart shop - completed

Monday 15th - IHOP,Ohanas dinner and a Dole Float - completed
Tuesday 16th - Blizzard Beach, Tusker House (Jungle Book dining Package) and a failed snack credit - completed
Wednesday 17th - Backlot Express, Starbucks & The Boathouse - completed
Thursday 18th - Busch Gardens & Boma - completed
Friday 19th - Wolfgang Pucks, Starbucks & Raglan Road - completed
Saturday 20th - Lunch San Angel Inn, dinner Splitsville
Sundays 21st - Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Monday 22nd - Lunch at Bubba Gumps
Tuesday 23rd - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dining Package)
Wednesday 24th - Teppan Edo
Thursday 25th - California Grill
Friday 26th - Hard Rock Café
Saturday 27th - Breakfast at Be Our Guest, late lunch Liberty Inn.

Hope you enjoying reading along and that it is also helpful to anyone else looking for information on food and dining.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Gunna is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Welcome back

Can't wait to read all about it.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to this!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Yay Following.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Travel Day

We were staying over at the Travelodge in Macclesfield which was about 30 minutes from Manchester so decided to get through bag drop and security before we looked for food.

When we had finally finished in the Duty Free no-one was in the mood for a big breakfast so we just stopped in Caffe Nero and ordered various coffees and pasties and made do with those until the flight was called - did manage to get one free with my loyalty card and a few more stamps to start the next one.

We boarded and departed on time. As we had arranged the DME on landing I decided that I would partake of a drink and got myself a vodka and coke and mum got herself a brandy (she said to steady the nerves!) Not long into the flight the hot meal was served.

There was a choice of three hot meals - this one that Sam and me picked which was spicy chilli beef over potato wedges topped with jalapenos and cheese. It maybe doesn't look great but actually tasted lovely and was good and spicy. The salad was a green salad with quinoa and herbs, this was pretty good too. Standard bread roll and then crackers with boursin which went down well. The dessert was really good a very tasty Gu pudding and could of eaten more than one of those but all the others on our row ate theirs! This was all washed down with a fairly decent red wine. The other options where a vegetarian pasta or Japanese Teriyaki chicken, Kik had the chicken and said it was okay too.

Another vodka and coke mid flight (don't judge me) followed by mini fab lollies as we made full use of the inflight entertainment before an afternoon snack was served.

We each received a mozzarella, cheese and salad wrap which was nice and fresh and tasty. A bag of crisps - quite a small size and could of easily eaten more of them and another very tasty pudding the chocolate caramel smoothy bar with hot/soft drinks. (I was off the alcohol now). As my mum had fallen asleep Sam and me had a plan to eat her chocolate bar but she suddenly woke up and ate it, then proceeded to tell us she wasn't that keen on it really!

After landing and catching the DME we dropped our bags off at our resort and had a freshen up. We picked up one of the resort buses and headed off to Disney Springs to have a bite to eat. The unanimous consensus was that we needed to go to Earl of Sandwich although on the way we did drop into Ghirardelli's for one of the free samples (that did become a habit everytime we passed)

First up we placed our order and picked up our drinks and snacks.

I went for a brownie and Sam decided he didn't want a dessert so swapped his out for a side of soup which was no problem. He went for the chicken tortilla soup which we shared and this was very tasty. Quite thick and spicy with lots of vegetables and chicken in. The brownie was very good, proper brownie consistency and very chocolatey.

Sam and me where sharing again and he went for the Earls Club sandwich which was very good. For me though there was only one sandwich I wanted to try - the Holiday Sandwich - I love turkey sandwiches, especially post Christmas and last time we went this was never a permanent feature on the menu. It was amazing, very filling though but every bit as good as I imagined.

We decided to pick up our resort cups in the morning and as we were tired headed off to bed.

We used 8 CS credits today across the eight of us and Earl of Sandwich would of cost us all if paying OOP $106.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh great a new food report. I think the best thing about Christmas food is the turkey and trimmings sandwiches so I can't wait to try the holiday sandwich!

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Fantastic - I love a good report!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Earl of sandwich looks great, couldn't convince mine to eat there!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

I need to try one of those!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Some lovely looking food there. I so have to try Earl of Sandwich! Can't wait to read more : )
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List