Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Cast Compliments

Hi all,

I really want to have something that my daughter (20 months) will be able to give cast members to thank them for spreading a bit more magic over her or our holiday. We will also do this over Twitter for them to officially get congratulated but I think it's special there and then.

I have designed the below on the style of old Fastpasses.

I was wondering if people have any other designs etc they have used in the past.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MsMinervaMouse
Excited about Disney

These are so cute! How did you make them?

I've been making something similar and also used Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and Star Tours designs
Old 22 Aug 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

The fastpasses are pretty cool!

Just as a note - I've read before that the best way to compliment CMs is to fill out an official compliment form. I've done this before at City Hall and Guest Services, just had to go in, ask them for a compliment form where you fill in as much as you remember about the CM (name and location) and details, and hand in the form. The compliment then becomes officially recognised which is a good thing for the CM!
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like a copy right infringement to me.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
Think Disney have worse case of copy right infringement to worry about than something to compliment there Cast members lol

These were easily completed by scanning in an old pass pass and just cropping the tops from images from the internet.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Hi all,

I really want to have something that my daughter (20 months) will be able to give cast members to thank them for spreading a bit more magic over her or our holiday. We will also do this over Twitter for them to officially get congratulated but I think it's special there and then.

I have designed the below on the style of old Fastpasses.

I was wondering if people have any other designs etc they have used in the past.
I’m confused, what extra magic are they giving your daughter (or expecting for her)?

Also not sure on the fast pass reference. Wouldn’t just the “thank you” bit be applicable?

Edit: as she wouldn’t be big enough for these rides they are confusing me a bit (maybe I’m missing something).

Edited at 07:07 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
It's more of a thank you as we found when she was abroad before they always treated her so well. We can say thank you she can't.

And the fastpass reference is just something fun and different but that's why I was seeing if anyone else had done this before.
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Autumn Daze
Proud to wear my Ears

I think it’s a lovely idea, and I’m not sure why people are reading too much into it. It’s a way of being nice to others and bringing a young child into it to make someone else’s day. You rock on with it!
Autumn Daze is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't really get it to be honest. Imagine if hundreds of people did the same type of thing every day, what is a CM supposed to do with these things? Maybe saying thank you or doing the compliment form somebody else mentioned would be better.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't really get it to be honest. Imagine if hundreds of people did the same type of thing every day, what is a CM supposed to do with these things? Maybe saying thank you or doing the compliment form somebody else mentioned would be better.
100% agree if everyone does it, it would mean very little. The difference is they don't and are just ignored. These will just be used when cast members or servers have gone above and beyond with Sophia. Just a little token from her.

At Disney we would also do a compliment on Twitter or guest services for official recognition