Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

A high 5 from a child to a cast member, smiling face and a big thank you shows appreciation.

Edited at 08:55 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't really get it to be honest. Imagine if hundreds of people did the same type of thing every day, what is a CM supposed to do with these things? Maybe saying thank you or doing the compliment form somebody else mentioned would be better.
They will just end up in the bin like the chocolate bars people give house keepers in little printed envelopes.

Edited at 08:54 PM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s a lovely idea 🙂 and your daughter will start to learn about manners in a fun way. Maybe you could get some for some people here on the dibb.
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ashesmod
Excited about Disney

ashesmod's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THECRAZYMOUSE View Post
It’s a lovely idea 🙂 and your daughter will start to learn about manners in a fun way. Maybe you could get some for some people here on the dibb.
Thank you.

I can understand people's opinion not getting it as a couple of years ago I would not have got it. Also I think the thread went off topic as I was asking people for ideas or whether they have done this and any ideas they have.

I totally understand that these will end up in the bin, but I want my daughter to feel included while also appreciating what people do for us as a family. My view is if I can give just a small thing back I will, we take what people do for us for granted at times. If I can put a smile on someone's face if only for a second... Why not

Edited at 09:22 PM.
ashesmod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashesmod View Post
Thank you.

I can understand people's opinion not getting it as a couple of years ago I would not have got it. Also I think the thread went off topic as I was asking people for ideas or whether they have done this and any ideas they have.

I totally understand that these will end up in the bin, but I want my daughter to feel included while also appreciating what people do for us as a family. My view is if I can give just a small thing back I will, we take what people do for us for granted at times. If I can put a smile on someone's face if only for a second... Why not
And that’s why it’s a lovely idea 🙂 the thought behind it.
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I think it's a lovely idea too. I've seen some people being really quite horrid and obnoxious to some CMs. I'm sure a little girl giving them a small token of appreciation will be really well received. Yes, they might end up in the bin eventually, but if it brings a smile and bit of joy to someone at the time, then I really can't see the problem with it

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
legolass
slightly serious Dibber

My son has just finished working at AK over the summer and he was given something similar from a family and he was so chuffed to receive it. It’s really nice to feel appreciated ☺️
legolass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think that is such a cute thing for your daughter to be able to do.

Ignorant the ignorant folk on here, some people can just never see the good for thinking of a negative.

Have a fab time.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I think it's a lovely idea too. I've seen some people being really quite horrid and obnoxious to some CMs. I'm sure a little girl giving them a small token of appreciation will be really well received. Yes, they might end up in the bin eventually, but if it brings a smile and bit of joy to someone at the time, then I really can't see the problem with it
Don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice to say thank you and recognise people’s efforts, but for this case, this would be a pre-prepared note handed over from a 20 month old who would have had no input into, so may come across as being less genuine / more staged (can picture a “here, give this to the nice man...” and the child being a bit oblivious).

If there was a need to give a token of this nature rather than a ‘thank you’ and/or completing a feedback form, I would say a homemade note or similar from the child themselves would be better received as it’s from them and they’ve taken the time and effort to create, rather than passing on what a parent has created/told them to pass on.

As a comparison, our kids have always written thank you letters or cards for birthday/Christmas presents etc themselves, and family (and some friends) have kept these and comment on them from time to time (some are kept on display) and mean more IMO given it’s more personal and they appreciate the effort.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Don’t get me wrong, it’s always nice to say thank you and recognise people’s efforts, but for this case, this would be a pre-prepared note handed over from a 20 month old who would have had no input into, so may come across as being less genuine / more staged (can picture a “here, give this to the nice man...” and the child being a bit oblivious).

If there was a need to give a token of this nature rather than a ‘thank you’ and/or completing a feedback form, I would say a homemade note or similar from the child themselves would be better received as it’s from them and they’ve taken the time and effort to create, rather than passing on what a parent has created/told them to pass on.

As a comparison, our kids have always written thank you letters or cards for birthday/Christmas presents etc themselves, and family (and some friends) have kept these and comment on them from time to time (some are kept on display) and mean more IMO given it’s more personal and they appreciate the effort.
Not sure what sort of note you expect a 20 month old to write? When children are thsy little, parents do the 'work'. It will be the parents who recognise when something kind or special has happened and will simply encourage the child to say thank you with a cute, Disney themed token. It's really the parents saying thank you, but nice to involve the child and I'm guessing most Disney CMs like children and most people find toddlers cute too. The op has already said they would also do the official Twitter and compliments card to acknowledge it on a more formal level too.

I don't understand why some people view little things that others do, that don't affect them at all, negatively. Just because it's not something they would do, or like themselves, doesn't mean it's a bad or ill thought out idea. Different strokes and all that

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:24 PM. Reason: typo
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List