Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Aug 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawniedawn
Looking for my Ears

February?

Hi everyone. I'm just looking for advise regarding February. 2 years ago I took my then 7yr old son in June and it was amazing but so hot and busy (loved every second of it though! ). I am looking to do 3 weeks in feb 2021. 1 week at endless summer universal and 2 weeks at all star sports. My son will be 10 then and since our last trip has been diagnosed with separation anxiety and undergoing assessment for Asperger's. Looking at crowd levels (and cost ! ) feb seems a good time, I just wondered what you lovely people thought and what experiences you've had in feb? As we are going for 3 weeks I cant avoid presidents day and half term so just wondering what the crowd levels are like during this time. Thanks in advance x
Dawniedawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

February is my favourite time , weather is just right but can be a bit cool in the mornings. By around 10:30 it's usually upto a good temperature,definitely better than June.
Avoid the parks over Presidents Day weekend and make plans for something else but have to say even the shops and restaurants are busy too but the parks are really not good.
What you may also find is the Brazilian tour groups in the parks as I think they tend to go January through to March but not 100% ,they can be LOUD! And kids competing in Cheerleading and Dance competitions at ESPN but I think dates on those may vary every year.
It's not mad busy with those extra groups but can impact a bit on queues and your lad might not like the noise .

Edited at 10:29 AM.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dawniedawn
Looking for my Ears

Thank you so much for your reply. I didn't factor in groups so I will see if I can look at this, especially with staying at All star sports! I was thinking about Discover Cove for presidents day as a possibility? Would you recommend then avoiding presidents weekend over feb half term? My birthday is the 12th feb so in an ideal world I would of liked to be there for then but would rather miss my birthday in florida for the sake of crowd levels and noise levels. Thank you also for your consideration for my son with your reply, that's really kind of you x
Dawniedawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nollypat
Earning More Ears

We went in February 2017. My son was then 11, he has Aspergers and we had the best holiday we've had!
He had a few occasions where he struggled with the heat, but he coped with the crowds, and using a combination of fast pass and the ride access facility was brilliant because we always had plenty of structure.
On President's day we went to Blizzard Beach, which turned out to be his favourite day! We had such an amazing time on our never-to-be-repeated-trip-of-a-lifetime that we've just booked to go back next February 😂😂
Nollypat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 02:57 AM  
Link to this Post

We went in February this year. The weather was fantastic, little to no rain and warm but not so hot so as to make tramping around parks uncomfortable. I looked at a climate chart the other day and it is on average ten degrees hotter in June and more than three times as much rain.

We found it busy however, definitely much busier than our usual time of year which is early May. We got virtually nothing done apart from our three pre booked fast passes at HS and AK, faring slightly better in MK and Epcot.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Dawnie , you will be ok at D.C,because as you know ,they limit the amount of people per day ,then maybe do Seaworld another day as crowd wise it seems to stay low throughout. The crowds at Disney start to build before that Presidents Day weekend, around Thursday ish , they should dwindle off as the following week goes on.With Galaxy's Edge open now I think that HS will take most of the beatings for a good few months and possibly with those kids in Febuary. To be honest I would rather face some on and off crowding than the higher temperatures in June and you can always find a way to work around the crowds .If we came across a group of the Brazilian groups we we just get in front or go off in a different direction and the cheerleaders are not there constantly as they are doing the competitions.With you going for three weeks you have more time to do mop ups on things you have missed ,certainly different to only having two weeks .I do three weeks normally so maybe thats why I am not so much bothered by the higher on/off crowds.I am booked for Easter and I am really not looking forward to it .If I was able to go In February I would change it in a heartbeat.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We've been twice over February half term (UK) & loved it. We had one day which was cool - jeans and and tshirts so not bad! We avoided Presidents Day by not going to a park - we did an airboat ride one year, lazed by the pool another - so can't comment on that.
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawniedawn
Looking for my Ears

Thanks again everyone for your comments (especially Nollypat). I now feel really excited about February as it sounds ideal. Thanks again xx