Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Mandarin & Lime, zesty lemon and the pet one for us. Love the stuff !
Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort
Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
We have an Aladdin’s cave in our village that sells literally everything (even stuff you didn’t know you needed)
They have the full range of stardrops, astonish, pink stuff, zoflora etc. Cheap too. I get so excited going there - pics a bit blurred through excitement
Looks a bit like my bathroom cupboard! I really must start using them soon!
I love shops like this, we have a local garden centre that’s sells stuff I never knew I needed!
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
If I need to use disinfectant, I just use a bit of Dettol. Otherwise, hot soapy water usually works fine, lol.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If you're after something to use for cleaning up after a puppy, buy something called simple solution. Most disinfectants and cleaners are ammonia based and do will not only compound the smell of the urine you're clearing up but will encourage fouling in those areas. Oh and still use puppy pads, but after the event
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I tried to like Zoflora but I can't ! I bought winter spice last year ..it was cloying

I do like Pink Stuff, Elbow Grease and Star-drops though

I love the smell of Jeyes Fluid for outside bins etc ..No that stuff burns your nose hair

I do have a look at Mrs Hinch's insta pages ... some comments can be a bit concerning , people feeling a failure at life because they can't have a house like hers when she now has to state that a lot of it is 'gifted' for exposure
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
If you're after something to use for cleaning up after a puppy, buy something called simple solution. Most disinfectants and cleaners are ammonia based and do will not only compound the smell of the urine you're clearing up but will encourage fouling in those areas. Oh and still use puppy pads, but after the event
I appreciate your advice, as I am looking for something to clean up the puppy mess. I have also heard biological washing powder/liquid is good (I can’t remember if it was the powder or the liquid)
Old 9 Sep 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
I appreciate your advice, as I am looking for something to clean up the puppy mess. I have also heard biological washing powder/liquid is good (I can’t remember if it was the powder or the liquid)
I've not heard of that but could well believe it as the enzymes in the washing powder would be similar to those in simple solution
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
smoggy123
Apprentice Imagineer

smoggy123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm not a fan.
For me, you cant beat the smell of Dettol.
I love a cap ful of it in my bath along with the bubble bath. My mam always gave us a Dettol bath on a Sunday night when we were kids...takes me right back, it does 😄
Old Key West JULY/AUGUST (18 nights, with a Universal hotel thrown in somewhere!) 2015
Old Key West JUNE 2020 (2 WEEKS)
smoggy123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mqt View Post
I’ve bought Zoflora on and off for years. I must admit to buying the Christmas fragrances they do from around October onwards!
I like the Christmas ones , I try and stock up with those when I can get them.My patio often smells like winter in the middle of Summer.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by whlparkstone View Post
I do use Persil Bio liquid on alot of stuff Excellent for getting rid of dog smells outside.My 9 year old Staffy wees in the same place on the patio and even with hosing down every day the smell can start hanging around,I think because she is older.I dilute some in a watering can ( sometimes add Zoflora too) and tip it on the area after hosing and then leave it an hour or so then hose it off.Takes the smell away for a good few days. Don't know how good it would work on dog mess though.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List