Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Absolutely know where you are coming from, want my darling wife to have the best time so fret about going till we are on the plane till lift off
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I panic terribly. ...usually about stupid stuff but loads of normal stuff too.Constantly worry about the dogs eating while at the sitters,my neighbour remembering to let my chickens out and lock them in at night again... and feed them!... worry about my fish tank (had one spring a leak once)... worry in case we haven't got enough spending (usually 5k ...How much do we need ? ) worry about being burgled, missing the plane ( very close once on the way back)...everything! Other half goes mad at me as I get really ratty with it too.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Same here. I'm a nightmare before we go. I'm slightly claustrophobic so I get really worried about getting on the plane as its enclosed which is mad as I LOVE flying and once I'm on I'm fine. Think I more panic about the fact I might panic🙄. Usual visit the GP at least once in the run up with some none specific ailment. I know it's all in my head but it doesn't help me. Has got worse as I have gotten older too. Such a Shame as wait so long to go. Ok once there though and have no problem getting on the plane home either 😳

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mark&sharon
I have Ears

same here, it started a few years ago, I was fine until I arrived at the airport but then I suddenly began to feel sick, once I'd made it on the fight I was fine, but this has triggered anxiety that it may happen again, so much that I start to worry weeks before going leading up to being physically sick all though the night before going to the airport, but then I'm fine once i'm on the aeroplane
mark&sharon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Morty
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It is just the same in our house. In the last week the excitement has turned to worry. This is mainly around potential health issues or leaving the cats. The poor cat sitter has had random emails from me all week with requests for the cats such as special food if they are sick etc. I know it is going to happen, I can feel it happening but seem powerless to stop it. Currently sat in premier inn, flying tomorrow and all worries have vanished.
Morty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes every time! I get consumed with worry and stress that I just feel like not going. Before I had the kids I’d worry but not this much, now it’s just not fun. I try mind over matter so much and think of all the people on the forums I’m on having the best time packing and preparing and having fun and I’m just a ball of anxiety. I truly only relax when we get to the hotel to be honest. I find it’s getting worse with age. 😢
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I absolutely know how you feel. I'm worrying about everything as usual. 9 hours away from elderly parents leaving my sister to look after them 😫 ! Hubby waiting for ent appt previous health scare so I'm frantic. Cats on their own being cared for by our fabulous neighbour but still worry and son driving home to spend leave at home. Apart from this plus night terrors and the menopause I'm fairly relaxed.
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you asked this was feeling a bit of a wuss but I am mega anxious this time. I don’t like flying so I always get a bit stressed but this time 😩. I think it’s an absolute pile up of:
I’m scared of flying, obsessing over the hurricane went in top of that, DS stays home (and I know he is 23 and at 23 I’d have been buzzing for my parents to go away but he will always be my boy and it hurts to say goodbye and be a 9 hour flight away from him - Saturday morning I will say but to him and then I’ll be a coiled spring until I get in that plane and have a deep in the plane toilet), I’ve got a lot of work that I’m getting frantic about and so I just feel really down and overwhelmed this week. Tuesday night I sat and watched some eastenders episodes I’m behind on and I cried like a baby - I think it’s all pent up.
I’ve got a banging head this morning and feel if 1 person says the wrong thing it will end in tears 😢.
I keep trying to think - I’m going to my happy place I’ve waited over a year for this but I just feel very overwhelmed.
My mum always offers me a Valium which I’ve taken before and the doctor prescribed for me for my fear of flying but recently I’ve refused but this week I really feel like I’m going to need one.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh and in the morning of the trip I could throttle DH. I’ve spent weeks planning - booking fast passes making sure everyone has everything DDs meds’, toiletries etc and I’ll get up on the morning VERY early and be getting everything sorted. Dh will get up with less than an hour before we are setting off and do the famous 3Ss and then start flapping getting everything together in the car etc and make me feel unorganised! Luckily now we have a pick up and so he can’t rush me I know when we are leaving and he can’t do anything!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Glad you asked this was feeling a bit of a wuss but I am mega anxious this time.
I knew I wasn't going to be the only one. It's is supposed to be the most exciting time too and in reality is just makes me nervous about things I couldn't care less about normally.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List