Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
And this is why we Dibb!

Oh boy! From a FB page I use. Family from UK
😫😫😫😫

Hi... we arrived yesterday and i must admit we are a bit confused by the amount of choice and different plans etc. We have quick service plan. Can anyone explain in simple language what constitutes a snack and what is a full meal and has anyone got any suggestions the best restaurants/meal/snacks. We are a couple with a 3 year old. I feel every time we go to get food it just stresses me out and I come out with something I dont want as I'm like a rabbit in the headlights! — looking for recommendations.

Edited at 09:54 AM.
OllieT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Oh dear. I hope someone on the Facebook group has been able to help them. I do wonder if people who are used to typical AI holidays think it's the same sort of thing, only to discover it's very different when they get there?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

To be honest I always wonder why people go to places like WDW without researching it first, or at least a quick google to check about what they paid out for & things like the dining plan. I know it’s each to their own but I always feel like they’re missing out on so much by not being informed which is a shame because for some it actually will be a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip.

Edited at 10:25 AM.
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Someone I know went to Orlando earlier this year, they didn't do any research beforehand, she then messaged me when they were out there to ask where the buy park tickets from.

I said we pre buy the package tickets, 14 days. She assumed you just buy them on the door each time you visit a bit like Thorpe Park, they also didn't have much spending money. In the end they were only able to do 2 Disney parks and 1 Universal because it was too expensive and the whole reason they did the holiday was to visit all the parks.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Oh dear. I hope someone on the Facebook group has been able to help them. I do wonder if people who are used to typical AI holidays think it's the same sort of thing, only to discover it's very different when they get there?
They have all been very kind, it’s an amazing group. I haven’t commented, best not too 😆

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
To be honest I always wonder why people go to places like WDW without researching it first, or at least a quick google to check about what they paid out for & things like the dining plan. I know it’s each to their own but I always feel like they’re missing out on so much by not being informed which is a shame because for some it actually will be a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip.
Soooo missing out, and will come home and complain about how expensive it is and how long the queues are 🥴

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Someone I know went to Orlando earlier this year, they didn't do any research beforehand, she then messaged me when they were out there to ask where the buy park tickets from.

I said we pre buy the package tickets, 14 days. She assumed you just buy them on the door each time you visit a bit like Thorpe Park, they also didn't have much spending money. In the end they were only able to do 2 Disney parks and 1 Universal because it was too expensive and the whole reason they did the holiday was to visit all the parks.
I’ve had 2 colleagues come to me this year AFTER booking Virgin AOA villa package 😭😭 It’s always so hard to stay positive about what they’ve let themselves in for
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I must admit Mrs Mickie had a bit of a gloat when acquaintances of ours booked Disney and she said you should speak to my husband he’ll tell you everything you need to know.

They didn’t and when they came back they just said I don’t know why you do it every year it was awful. Still at least their children loved it even if they were frazzled by the whole thing
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
They have all been very kind, it’s an amazing group. I haven’t commented, best not too 😆

Soooo missing out, and will come home and complain about how expensive it is and how long the queues are 🥴

I’ve had 2 colleagues come to me this year AFTER booking Virgin AOA villa package 😭😭 It’s always so hard to stay positive about what they’ve let themselves in for
Why, I know a number of people who have booked Virgin AOA and had great villas and holidays

Edited at 11:12 AM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Disney holidays are so very different from any other and many book without knowing this. I know I didn’t realise when we booked our first trip and if it wasn’t for my good friend (Cloverlady 😂 ) pointing me in the direction of the Dibb and patiently talking me through everything I wouldn’t have known about fast passes or Disney transport etc. I didn’t know then about free dining, and booked Easter so therefore it was very busy and we paid for our meals. This didn’t spoil our trip but if we had known about free dining and how busy Easter period is beforehand then we would have chosen a different time to go.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Why, I know a number of people who have booked Virgin AOA and had great villas and holidays
And I know loads who don’t 🥴 I can usually get them onsite with DDP for the same as their offsite budget
Old 20 Sep 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

We were at akl the last 2 weeks in aug and I was at the checkin desk, a middle aged couple and I would say 10 year old all from the uk were checking in, I couldn't help over hearing when the lady of the couple asked the member of staff at check in could she explain how the dining plan worked. You could see the life practically drain from the cast members face when she said it lol lol lol.
The amount of people I know who go and know I go alot and never bother to ask me anything then come back and say worst holiday ever queues were hours long etc etc, I have recommended the dibb a few times to people and they never do look, but hey ho there loss.