Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kev007 View Post
Hi all

DW and I are booked to fly out on 3rd October for a ten day stay at CBR; we have booked through VH and are on the DDP.

I've read the news about the cancellation of ADR reservations but am a little confused - have they all been cancelled until September 2021 or should this be September 2020?

Assuming the former, we would have to look at not going this year but reschedule for either 2021 or even 2022 - what are the options available to us at this stage? We have to make the final payment in early July.

Appreciate things are rapidly changing and ore news will be released in due course but just interested in the current position and our choices (if any!).

Thank you.

Kev

From what I can gather no one knows yet. Most of the information has been relating to US bookings. All us UK guests know is that dining plans have been cancelled for at least this year and Disney will be in touch. If anyone knows more than that please let us know.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Has it actually been confirmed that the dining plans for UK guests are also being cancelled? If that’s a definate I will be rethinking our plans.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
Has it actually been confirmed that the dining plans for UK guests are also being cancelled? If that’s a definate I will be rethinking our plans.
Pretty much. The post this morning did mention international guests but was all deleted. There’s no way they could still offer dining plan to just us and not Americans anyway. Logistically wouldn’t work
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
I would think so. They have said dining plans are cancelled therefore you have to assume all of them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you. I think we’ll be changing our plans (again!) as we were staying onsite and I’d paid for the DDP, the plan was to spend most of our time at Disney to make full use of the dining plan.

I’m tempted to just cancel but this will be the 3rd holiday we’ve had to cancel and it would break DS (12) heart. I think we’ll see if we can change to a week at Universal and a week in a villa and not bother with Disney.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Can someone point me in the direction of where it says cancellations through to September 2021? The only mention of this date I can see is that tickets have been extended through to this date if purchased before April 2020.

Also, it mentions in the cancellation policy that if you choose to amend your reservation, any existing offer (if applicable) will still be applied...surely this means free dining too? Providing you go once the temporary restrictions cease?

Any thoughts On the wording? I emailed Kenwood Travel earlier and they said they were awaiting official communication from Disney direct (which is frustrating as you would assume this information should have been available the moment they announced).
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post
Can someone point me in the direction of where it says cancellations through to September 2021? The only mention of this date I can see is that tickets have been extended through to this date if purchased before April 2020.

Also, it mentions in the cancellation policy that if you choose to amend your reservation, any existing offer (if applicable) will still be applied...surely this means free dining too? Providing you go once the temporary restrictions cease?

Any thoughts On the wording? I emailed Kenwood Travel earlier and they said they were awaiting official communication from Disney direct (which is frustrating as you would assume this information should have been available the moment they announced).
The key is the “if applicable”. As free dining is not available for future bookings it is therefore not applicable.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LoonyWitch
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Your interpretation of ‘if applicable’ is completely different to mine. The way I’m reading it is if your booking has an existing offer attached to it. I’m surprised the wording is so ambiguous.
LoonyWitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry, haven’t read all of the thread so asking this cold. Has the QSDP also been cancelled? If so does it make sense - people are still going to be using this service and paying out of pocket, aren’t they?

Edited at 07:50 AM.
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LoonyWitch View Post

I believe the date was originally published then removed by Disney.

This thread here has all the changes in one place;

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1172380