Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 20, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would imagine it is purely to save Disney money I can't see any other reason for doing it.
They will need to make the most money they can while at lower capacity as they will be running at quite a loss until they can get closer to max. Capacity again.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
junpit
VIP Dibber

I've been warned by my TA that Disney are likely to just cancel and refund my deposit. I think I should be getting an offer similar to the US customers which lets be honest about it, just provides a break even for us. 35% off the hotel price for CBR will only take off the approximate cost of my QSDP and hence I'd be at a break even.
Saratoga Springs (2013)Marriott Courtyard - LBV (2011)
Clarion Inn - LBV (2009)Quality Inn Plaza x 4 (2002 - 2007)
Best Western Plaza (2000)
junpit is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Anyone had any contact with Charter travel about this? I have my booking with them and don’t want to bug them but just wondering if anyone else had made contact?

Edited at 03:11 PM.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
I would imagine it is purely to save Disney money I can't see any other reason for doing it.
They will need to make the most money they can while at lower capacity as they will be running at quite a loss until they can get closer to max. Capacity again.
I dont think it's to save money and it's likely to do with the college program that is currently suspended also. The college program employees thousands from around the world and it will take sometime to re-employe in the normal rotation, with training, all whilst keeping the employees social distance (which is impossible in some of those kitchens especially the quick service ones) and keeping the park capacity limitations.

Epcot relies heavily on the collage program and that park probably has the most disney restaurants in one location.

They dont want another world of disney scenario, where there was a 6 hour queue to get in (that isnt a good advert for disneys reopening plan imo)

I've also (just this minute) found out that Disney CM union had a rule in place that staff members would have to meet the cultural authentic themeing in Epcot (world showcase),. Which would be another reason to have so many restaurants closed. However they have now temporarily rescinded this rule, in order to help reopen sooner. Hopefully with the high unemployment rate in the US this will help get things moving a little faster.

Edited at 05:16 PM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Its a very simple reason. The dining plan offers you a free meal containing certain elements. Have you ever seen the amount of people in a queue who dont understand what they are entitled to.
If people dont get everything they are entitled to they complain.

Disney want to keep queues short and quick. They dont want people standing there shouting across the room "hay Bobby, the lady says you also get a side what do you want?".
or during breakfast, "Sorry sir, your plan entitles you to a small milk, not a large one". And then the person has to go and change it.

I am also thinking that Disney are going to reduce some of the offering on the menus.

This all means that the DP is not a good thing for Disney right now.

Someone says its about making money, the only person to make money from the DP is Disney.

Originally Posted by jimmy-google View Post
What I don't really understand about cancelling all dining plans is that despite reduced capacity people will still need to eat. There'll probably be a high dependency on quick service with people still needing 2 meals a day. Doesn't make sense to me why quick service dining plans would be cancelled.

I understand anything higher would need to be removed. Maybe even replaced with a new dining plan that is cheaper and takes in to account there are no character meals, and probably no show/meal packages.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

I contacted Charter Travel last week but the news came as a shock to them and couldn't provide any info at the time. They advised they needed to make contact with Disney to find out the ramifications and I should hear something early this week.
TBH my DH and I have decided to move the WDW part of our holiday this October to next year so I am now waiting to hear about any fees/discounts etc we will receive.

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Its a very simple reason. The dining plan offers you a free meal containing certain elements. Have you ever seen the amount of people in a queue who dont understand what they are entitled to.
If people dont get everything they are entitled to they complain.

Disney want to keep queues short and quick. They dont want people standing there shouting across the room "hay Bobby, the lady says you also get a side what do you want?".
or during breakfast, "Sorry sir, your plan entitles you to a small milk, not a large one". And then the person has to go and change it.

I am also thinking that Disney are going to reduce some of the offering on the menus.

This all means that the DP is not a good thing for Disney right now.

Someone says its about making money, the only person to make money from the DP is Disney.
Exactly, also I know you were talking about regular queues at QS. but have you ever done mobile order... Its probably worse for social distancing.

You make your order on the app and then the app tells you it's ready. Most of the time it wasnt ready, you get to the pick up and theres 8-15 people all stood around, either waiting for their order that is suppose to be ready or they dont have a table so are just waiting at the pick up. You can see the CM behind the counter having arguments, confusion, shouting and just chaos.

I hope with the limits on park capacity it will do something to help
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

I have just spoke to our TA (Travel Planners) they are adamant that our QSDP is still there for our booking in September! -Has anyone got an official link that it applies to ALL current and future bookings so I can send onto them?
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rsvdaz View Post
I have just spoke to our TA (Travel Planners) they are adamant that our QSDP is still there for our booking in September! -Has anyone got an official link that it applies to ALL current and future bookings so I can send onto them?
Disney haven't made an announcement about UK visitors yet. Those of us who have booked direct are supposed to be getting an email but haven't received it yet. Since she's so sure why don't you ask her to put it in writing to you.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We recently moved our booking from August with free dining to October with 10% off. We received an email yesterday adding another $100 gift card to our invoice.

Wasnt expecting it, but I see that as a possitive point to our booking.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List