Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jun 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I just need some good news, any good news will do, both job worries now! Bloody sick of it all 😪 we all need a break fgs.
We really really do! Sadly I think it will only get worse before it gets better still.

We’re taking the dog out with friends in a bit which we’re looking forward to. Car has been on charge all night, and the battery is FUBAR. So that’s lovely. It’s in the garage now and I’ve told them to keep it until they’re fixed haha.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
We really really do! Sadly I think it will only get worse before it gets better still.

We’re taking the dog out with friends in a bit which we’re looking forward to. Car has been on charge all night, and the battery is FUBAR. So that’s lovely. It’s in the garage now and I’ve told them to keep it until they’re fixed haha.
Oh 🙄😄 it's never-ending 🙄
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I authorised the garage to do the work my car needs this morning (around £6/700). I’ve since received the news that I am also now up for redundancy.

This year can do one.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I authorised the garage to do the work my car needs this morning (around £6/700). I’ve since received the news that I am also now up for redundancy.

This year can do one.
Oh no that’s not what you need right now really hope this doesn’t happen and things will be ok for you
Old 15 Jun 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

This year can do one.
Nightmare! Yes this year can definitely do one.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 12:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bonny Scotland
Very Serious Dibber

Bonny Scotland's Reviews
How are people coping, Scotland has entered l phase 2 thankfully.
Bonny Scotland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bonny Scotland View Post
How are people coping, Scotland has entered l phase 2 thankfully.
Partly! I’m scunnered. Getting so fed up now. Our holiday fortnight is approaching. Have flights booked for Portugal mid July. Accommodation is cancelled but can’t do anything about the flights because A the FO has advised against travel, so not covered by our annual supposed “gold” travel insurance B 14 day quarantine (which if lifted will still be useless if FO doesn’t lift the travel ban) and C even if all of the above does get the green light I doubt Nicola sturgeon will let it happen. Even Wales is getting to travel further than 5 miles soon. We’re still stuck within 5 miles, so couldn’t even get to an airport!
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

It's all doing my head in really .
People not sticking to distancing when others are trying their best to make it all work ! People in shops that jump into the gap that I leave between myself and the shopper in front! ... Must be flipping invisible or something! !
Annoyed with myself for thinking(stupidly !), way back in April ,that all this would be over by July! ... what a complete muppet!
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Looks like OHs redundancy is definite. It’s written very clearly between the lines in their email, consultation period?! Absolutely not. Minds were made up and they’ve taken over a week to send the minutes across, so they could argue every single point.
We’ve given up.

Fantastic need that the theatre debate now has to be considered in parliament, in just praying is does some good.

My redundancy is a big consultation so it’s a waiting game.
Old 20 Jun 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Feeling a little better as I’ve found a local beauty spot 3 miles away with an open car park so we’ve been there a couple of times this week for a walk which has made me feel far more optimistic and happier. Walking and fresh air is definitely good for the body and soul

I’m also lifted by the gradual easing of restrictions here in Wales, such as opening non essential shops next week. Although I’m giving it a week or so before I go. The best news is the 5 mile restriction being lifted. I’ve now arranged to go and see our son and his fiancée in their garden for the first time in nearly 5 months. I’m being a little naughty and going the day before the restrictions are lifted as it’s due to be changed on a Monday and, due to DH and DS working, we would have to wait a further week to visit 😀

Edited at 11:59 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List