Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Dec 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We recently had our bedroom re done, a complete make over with full mirrored, sliding doors. They make the room look really large and I love them but when I step out of bed (I sleep naked) I can’t help staring at myself in shock! How and when did things start to go south?
I would a face lift 🤣
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I don’t particularly like anything about my body. I don’t mind my height I guess.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
I like my nails

Seriously, there’s not really anything about my body that I like. I’m seriously overweight - I’ve always been fat and it’s worse since stopping smoking. I’d lost almost two stone last year then xmas and lockdown . Need to address my weight so that’s the plan for 2021.

I suppose for 47 my face isn’t too bad but I don’t particularly like my nose or teeth .

I’ve also got horrible naturally curly hair which just goes wild and frizzy.

All in all, I’m just glad beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Are you Ginger or redhead?
I understand 😆👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Love yourself just a little, give it a go 🤗
I love myself a lot - just not how I look .

If I could turn back the clock it would be to tell my younger self that being a good person is far more important than looking great . Of course, both would be fab .

Edited to add, I’m not but my husband and step kids have the most spectacular ginger hair. We used to laugh when they were kids (youngest turned 18 today) that they were easily found in a crowd.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I hate my back because it's not perfectly straight, although people say it's not noticeable, I know they're just being kind... I also hate my feet, I think they're big at a size 6.5 😉

Come on what don't you like about your body?
😱 Size 6.5 feet too big! Are you kidding? at that size you can walk into any shop, anywhere and pick any style of shoe you fancy! Try wearing anything north of a 7 and see how you get on.
In Case you hadn’t guessed - I hate my size 9 feet. I also hate snotty shoe sales people saying ‘could you squeeze into a smaller size’ or ‘maybe look in the men’s section’ - both of which have happened! no thanks, I’d like to wear feminine styles and don’t fancy crippling myself - thank heavens for Long Tall Sally, the only place I know that sells my size in shoes I would consider wearing -used to love Payless in Florida and made time for a visit every trip but they went bust - now back in business but I think they are internet only now - if anyone knows different please tell me!
Interesting thread!

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
😱 Size 6.5 feet too big! Are you kidding? at that size you can walk into any shop, anywhere and pick any style of shoe you fancy! Try wearing anything north of a 7 and see how you get on.
In Case you hadn’t guessed - I hate my size 9 feet. I also hate snotty shoe sales people saying ‘could you squeeze into a smaller size’ or ‘maybe look in the men’s section’ - both of which have happened! no thanks, I’d like to wear feminine styles and don’t fancy crippling myself - thank heavens for Long Tall Sally, the only place I know that sells my size in shoes I would consider wearing -used to love Payless in Florida and made time for a visit every trip but they went bust - now back in business but I think they are internet only now - if anyone knows different please tell me!
Interesting thread!
You and me both. I’ve been made to feel like a freak in many a shoe store for asking ‘do these go up to a size 9?’ It’s horrible. I too buy a lot of shoes when I go to Florida.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
I don’t particularly dislike anything about my body, but I hate how old and saggy my face is now. I’ve aged massively in the last couple of years.

And OP - your size 6.5 feet are positively dainty next to my size 9 shockers. And I don’t even dislike them. I just dislike the manufacturers that only go up to an 8 🤣
It’s ridiculous isn’t it - so many of us girls in the U.K. need 9 or higher and the shoe places insist that women’s feet stop at 8! Have spoken to assistants in Payless in Florida who say they get Brit girls in all the time looking for the larger sizes.

Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
You and me both. I’ve been made to feel like a freak in many a shoe store for asking ‘do these go up to a size 9?’ It’s horrible. I too buy a lot of shoes when I go to Florida.
Where would you recommend Helen? I’ve had nice shoes from a place called Avenue near Florida Mall, and good old Payless. Am I missing anywhere - I take a 12 in the US so any tips as to where I can find nice shoes will be welcomed

Old 9 Dec 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My calves! They're massive, I struggle with jeans. And my tummy but after losing 8 stone and carrying my 10lb son I love it at the same time xx
Old 9 Dec 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I find it interesting that what we hate about our bodies changes with age. Also, what bothers one person about themselves, another likes.

When I was in my twenties I hated my arms, my tummy and my calves. I was a mum of 5 by the time I was 26 and so my body had changed a lot, whereas my friends still had pre-children amazing figures. I am short and have always had muscly calves so could never wear knee high boots, always struggled with skinny jeans, fitted trousers etc.

Now I am 40, I don’t feel as bad about most of my body as everyone has kind of caught up with me now and I fit in with people my age.

As for my calves, it’s now more popular to go to the gym and have an athletic figure. My boys are gym goers and all very jealous of my calves. They make a big deal about it and at first I hated it, but now I am good and enjoy having something about me that others wish they had but find hard to achieve. Mine is part genetics and partly the amount of sport I did growing up. It just shows though, that with the right ‘coaching’ we can learn to like something we used to hate. Same with my arms, I hate them but my boys are always saying they want ‘big arms’ like me (I sound like a big man, but honestly I’m not! ) and it’s not fair that I don’t have to work for them. I wish they were slim/skinny! I can’t learn to love my tummy though, no matter how much I try. I accept it, but I don’t like it. I have split muscles from my pregnancies and the more weight I lose the more obvious it is. No amount of exercise or weight loss will ever make it flat.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List