Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Dec 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Both my kids have had it - still got the chesty cough. They’ve been doing tag illness over the last 10 days. When daughter went back to school, my son was then off - with both of them off on Friday. Just waiting for me and husband to get it now.
Old 13 Dec 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Was this Covid 😏
Old 13 Dec 20, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Was this Covid 😏
I suspect so but who knows? I have been in contact with a confirmed case a few weeks ago and didn't catch it.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I suspect so but who knows? I have been in contact with a confirmed case a few weeks ago and didn't catch it.
You can get an antibody test for around Ł50 via BUPA - many of my friends have had it confirmed via these tests (people who were ill last December and January) however my sister had it and still had to be vaccinated earlier this week as the thought is you need the jab regardless (then get the magical certificate)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
You can get an antibody test for around Ł50 via BUPA - many of my friends have had it confirmed via these tests (people who were ill last December and January) however my sister had it and still had to be vaccinated earlier this week as the thought is you need the jab regardless (then get the magical certificate)
My kids were talking about getting it for me to stop me going on about it but then decided it would be worse if I was proven right.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I was hospitalised last December with what they thought was pneumonia and sepsis but now I think it might have been covid. I was 40 years old, healthy weight (not now!) and no underlying health conditions. I tested positive for flu at the time but have never been able to work out why I would have been so ill. I did an anti body test in June (home one) and it was negative but ended up getting a refund as the home tests were never PHE approved and deemed unreliable. I’ve also read that antibodies might not last long, so I guess I’ll never know.
Old 13 Dec 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was thinking this yesterday when my timehop came up as it was my daughters birthday. On her birthday last year she was so poorly with a temp and cough funnily enough
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

My opinion is that it was probably regular flu, as it would have been doing the rounds then, but who knows? It may have been COVID, but I’ve heard so many people saying they think they had it before Christmas last year, there wouldn’t be that many to have not had it!

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

We were all really Ill last Christmas my eldest daughter especially and she's never normally Ill. She had a cough, fever and said it felt like someone was pressing down on her chest. I had an antibody test a couple of months ago but it was negative.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
My opinion is that it was probably regular flu, as it would have been doing the rounds then, but who knows? It may have been COVID, but I’ve heard so many people saying they think they had it before Christmas last year, there wouldn’t be that many to have not had it!
I don't think it was flu as it went on too long and I had had the flu jab. I have had real flu twice in my life and I wasn much more ill then but over a shorter time period. I have never had anything like this in my entire life but who knows what other bugs are out there.