Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Dec 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile Whatsapp on apple watch

Morning dibbers. I got an apple watch for christmas and have downloaded various apps to try and get whatsapp on my watch. But none of them actually give me a notification on my watch when i get a message. I have looked at all the settings and they’re all set up right. Can anyone recommend an app that actually works?
Old 28 Dec 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you changed the setting in whatsapp to preview messages when sent to you? That's what worked for me x
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sharon190980
Excited about Disney

Have you got it set to “mirror iPhone alerts” within notifications on your Apple Watch app on your iPhone? Mine sends whatsapp notifications to my watch but that’s the only thing I can think of that makes it work, might be something else too that you’re missing. You shouldn’t need any other apps to make it work, WhatsApp should pop up on your watch.

Edited at 12:41 PM.
sharon190980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
Have you got it set to “mirror iPhone alerts” within notifications on your Apple Watch app on your iPhone? Mine sends whatsapp notifications to my watch but that’s the only thing I can think of that makes it work, might be something else too that you’re missing. You shouldn’t need any other apps to make it work, WhatsApp should pop up on your watch.
Just checked my settings and it is on to mirror my phone, for whatsapp but not getting them on the watch either. Am so clueless at all this tech stuff, its a lovely watch but I have no idea how to use it! 🤣

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

You will only get notifications on your watch if you’re not active on your phone. Make sure your phone is locked and you’re not using it when you are trying it out!
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Just checked my settings and it is on to mirror my phone, for whatsapp but not getting them on the watch either. Am so clueless at all this tech stuff, its a lovely watch but I have no idea how to use it! 🤣
Lol i’m the same. I’ve checked everything you all said and its all correct. Hubby can look at it later i’m useless
xXxSammi88xXx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
You will only get notifications on your watch if you’re not active on your phone. Make sure your phone is locked and you’re not using it when you are trying it out!
Is it supposed to vibrate or make a noise when you get a message? Its now showing the notification if i move my wrist but no sound or vibration. Dont even know if its supposed to do that or not🤷
Old 28 Dec 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Sammi which model did you get? I went for a rose gold with a stainless steel strap, then added a bit of bling with a Swarovski clip on surround. It looks fab but am still getting used to the features. The main reason I got it was because my Fatbit, (fitbit) had too small text on it so I couldnt see the step count or texts anyway! When we went to Apple store to look at the watch, they were demonstrating all the features, and I just asked ‘does it have big text option?’ When he said yes, it was a done deal!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
Is it supposed to vibrate or make a noise when you get a message? Its now showing the notification if i move my wrist but no sound or vibration. Dont even know if its supposed to do that or not🤷
Yes it should vibrate when you get a notification but again it will only do it if you’re not active on your phone. I would guess that will all be in the notification settings for your watch?
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Sammi which model did you get? I went for a rose gold with a stainless steel strap, then added a bit of bling with a Swarovski clip on surround. It looks fab but am still getting used to the features. The main reason I got it was because my Fatbit, (fitbit) had too small text on it so I couldnt see the step count or texts anyway! When we went to Apple store to look at the watch, they were demonstrating all the features, and I just asked ‘does it have big text option?’ When he said yes, it was a done deal!
I think hubby said its a se.All i know is its pink and has minnie as the watch face haha