Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 1 Jan 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Homemade steak pie with carrots and butter beans followed by homemade new york cheesecake. Was amazing.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Pork...🐷
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Just ordered pizza from UberEats as a last hurrah before the onslaught of salad tomorrow.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We had game stew venison pheasant partridge and rabbit slow cooked in red wine shallots and juniper berries creamy garlic mash with sweet potatoes and turnip mash
All from odds and sods in the fridge and freezer
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Minted lamb chops, new potatoes, cauliflower cheese and fresh runner beans, followed by baked jam roll and custard.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rach182
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Prime rib of beef, homemade gravy, carrots, parsnips, peas, roasties and yorkshires.
Rach182 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I put a stew on in the slow cooker this morning, the whole house smelt divine all day, by the time I had finished work I was drooling 🤤
Made a giant Yorkshire Pudding to serve it in, fab

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I made a lovely dinner. Chicken and chorizo in the slow cooker. Chop chorizo into slicer (chunky not thin), give them a little fry to release oils and flavour. Put into the slow cooker with skinless/boneless chicken thigh. A tin of chopped tomato. Chopped pepper. Tsp Paprika. half tsp cajun pepper. 1 x chicken oxo cube. Cook on low all day. I thickened the sauce with thickening granules
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
I made a lovely dinner. Chicken and chorizo in the slow cooker. Chop chorizo into slicer (chunky not thin), give them a little fry to release oils and flavour. Put into the slow cooker with skinless/boneless chicken thigh. A tin of chopped tomato. Chopped pepper. Tsp Paprika. half tsp cajun pepper. 1 x chicken oxo cube. Cook on low all day. I thickened the sauce with thickening granules
This sounds lovely. All my favourite ingredients made in a super simple way. What did you serve it with?

If small chunks might do you think it would be a good baked.potato topping ?.or too saucy ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
This sounds lovely. All my favourite ingredients made in a super simple way. What did you serve it with?

If small chunks might do you think it would be a good baked.potato topping ?.or too saucy ?
We had it with rice.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List