Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sharon190980 View Post
I decided I wanted to close my credit card account last week as I don’t use it anymore. I’ve used the App to make payments to my account every month but now I want to cancel it, it’s impossible! I apparently have to send a secure message through the website except I can’t login on the website as my account apparently doesn’t exist 😡 So now I have to try ringing them in their shortened opening hours and wait in a queue when I have enough time...or wait until the app is a bit more useful!
They are making it as difficult as possible for people to cancel it would seem. Told me to go to a shop! Its a Lockdown, not what you would call essential shop is it & nearest shop 15 miles away!
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
I have downloaded the app and it is as bad as I thought it would be. I can't 'see' everything I want to on a tiny screen. It takes ages to load and I don't feel it's secure. There is much more chance of my phone being stolen / lost. I prefer to do my banking on my desktop, on a proper website.
Problem is, I like flying Virgin and I like utilising virgin miles. I have asked to go back to paper statements... ridiculous!
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

DH has had a written response to his complaint stating they do not uphold it as the changes are due to a business decision. They feel they are making suitable provision for those with poor eyesight etc. with paper statements and access to the app. Usual guff about the right to refer to the ombudsman. We have moved on now and have new cc's with Nationwide.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I'm still waiting for a reply to my formal complaint and chaser.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
They are making it as difficult as possible for people to cancel it would seem. Told me to go to a shop! Its a Lockdown, not what you would call essential shop is it & nearest shop 15 miles away!
I phoned the helpline they closed it straight away
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minniemouse View Post
I have downloaded the app and it is as bad as I thought it would be. I can't 'see' everything I want to on a tiny screen. It takes ages to load and I don't feel it's secure. There is much more chance of my phone being stolen / lost. I prefer to do my banking on my desktop, on a proper website.
Problem is, I like flying Virgin and I like utilising virgin miles. I have asked to go back to paper statements... ridiculous!
Really bad decision on their part. I know so many now who have cleared their account & moved to using a different credit card &, like me, will just make miles by using Shops Away in future. Hopefully VS will get the message eventually.
Old 14 Jan 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I phoned the helpline they closed it straight away
No surprise there
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Reply from Virgin to my complaint. They didn't address the problems regarding disabilities at all
Current status
Completed Additional information
Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to let us know your concerns.
We apologise for the inconvenience but unfortunately Only the primary cardholder can use the app, but additional cardholders can manage the account over the phone. Our contact centers are open.

We are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion. An Expression of Dissatisfaction has been raised on your behalf and feedback will be communicated to the relevant department.

If you have any other questions, please contact us on 0800 085 3210. We are here Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm.

The Virgin Money Credit Card Team
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Reply from Virgin to my complaint. They didn't address the problems regarding disabilities at all
Current status
Completed Additional information
Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to let us know your concerns.
We apologise for the inconvenience but unfortunately Only the primary cardholder can use the app, but additional cardholders can manage the account over the phone. Our contact centers are open.

We are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion. An Expression of Dissatisfaction has been raised on your behalf and feedback will be communicated to the relevant department.

If you have any other questions, please contact us on 0800 085 3210. We are here Monday to Saturday 8am to 8pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm.

The Virgin Money Credit Card Team
No surprise at all!
Old 23 Jan 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I had my new Card through the post yesterday as the old one is expiring soon. So I bit the bullet and downloaded the App on my iPad.

I'm not a fan of Apps but realise they are coming like it or not. For example I have to confirm some big transactions I make via the NatWest App before payment goes through

To the point. The App on the iPad is not bad. No way could I manage with it on the phone as the screen is too small but the tablet is ok.

Time will tell how I get on.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List