Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I had my new Card through the post yesterday as the old one is expiring soon. So I bit the bullet and downloaded the App on my iPad.

I'm not a fan of Apps but realise they are coming like it or not. For example I have to confirm some big transactions I make via the NatWest App before payment goes through

To the point. The App on the iPad is not bad. No way could I manage with it on the phone as the screen is too small but the tablet is ok.

Time will tell how I get on.
I've ordered an 11" tablet - hoping I can manage on that so it's good to see you can manage on your IPad Mr Tom, I've got my fingers crossed lol
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
I've ordered an 11" tablet - hoping I can manage on that so it's good to see you can manage on your IPad Mr Tom, I've got my fingers crossed lol
As I said way back on this thread I use mine on my iPad and can see it (I can hardly see anything on my phone these days so dont/cant ever use it for money apps when I need to see the detail - even with my specs on ! No fun growing old lol )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I appreciate we are different in as much as we Have a PC with a very big screen, no Children needing it for their work and also we both have iPads.

I would be up the creek without a paddle if I relied on the Phone as like Megaflyer I struggle to see the finer detail.

My other issue is I have 'fat fingers' so have to be very careful what I am clicking on with the phone. Hence I never Dibb when out and about as God knows what rubbish I would post.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
As I said way back on this thread I use mine on my iPad and can see it (I can hardly see anything on my phone these days so dont/cant ever use it for money apps when I need to see the detail - even with my specs on ! No fun growing old lol )
Megaflyer, I wholeheartedly agree - it's no fun at all getting old - I have different prescriptions for pc, reading and distance and am constantly chopping and changing between them - as for sunglasses I have two different pairs to cover close vision and distance... 5 pairs of specs is bloomin' hard to keep up with hehe
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I appreciate we are different in as much as we Have a PC with a very big screen, no Children needing it for their work and also we both have iPads.

I would be up the creek without a paddle if I relied on the Phone as like Megaflyer I struggle to see the finer detail.

My other issue is I have 'fat fingers' so have to be very careful what I am clicking on with the phone. Hence I never Dibb when out and about as God knows what rubbish I would post.
My tablet has just been delivered - waiting for hubby to get home to sort it out for me,
Mr Tom, my fingers are not fat but stiff with arthritis and don't always behave as they're told to lol.
Hahaa I'm sure you couldn't post rubbish if you tried
Old 23 Jan 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My tablet has just been delivered - waiting for hubby to get home to sort it out for me,
Mr Tom, my fingers are not fat but stiff with arthritis and don't always behave as they're told to lol.
Hahaa I'm sure you couldn't post rubbish if you tried
Believe me I could! I also have next to no feeling in my left hand so have to type with the one hand only

Trapped ulna nerve which has been fixed once and has gone again. Hey ho not a worry compared to arthritis as that is dreadful. My sympathy to you

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Well, my OH just installed the app and it is refusing all login details. Utter crap.
We have now stopped using these cards. I will be transferring the balance tonight to cover the next bills for each of us. Cards will be in the bin.
This year, Virgin group have lost my business. Flights (will only be running down my points); travel insurance as their covid cover seems poor and unclear - Staysure seems the likely place for my business (better cover for less money and for 15 months); credit cards because of this fiasco; ISAs will be moved when the one year fixed rate is up in a fortnight.

Edited at 06:26 PM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Megaflyer, I wholeheartedly agree - it's no fun at all getting old - I have different prescriptions for pc, reading and distance and am constantly chopping and changing between them - as for sunglasses I have two different pairs to cover close vision and distance... 5 pairs of specs is bloomin' hard to keep up with hehe
SW next time you go for an eye test ask them about 'Occupational Vari-focals' I have them & they are fantastic. I have no problem looking at the TV in them or up at by office calendar, typing on my laptop or desktop no problem either, they do all three distances. I do have lightweight lens with no distinctive lines of the 3 distances either, whilst not cheap but so much better than 3 different pairs of classes in my case.
Old 23 Jan 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
SW next time you go for an eye test ask them about 'Occupational Vari-focals' I have them & they are fantastic. I have no problem looking at the TV in them or up at by office calendar, typing on my laptop or desktop no problem either, they do all three distances. I do have lightweight lens with no distinctive lines of the 3 distances either, whilst not cheap but so much better than 3 different pairs of classes in my case.
Ooooh I love that idea, I didn't know such a thing even existed thanks so much Wizard :thumbs: I will definitely look into getting them. Off to google them now
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Well almost 2 months now and still no response to my complaint from Virgin Money. But on the good news the website was supposed to close 31st Jan, but is still working this morning 1st Feb, fingers crossed.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List