Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 19 Jan 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bulldogmason
Getting to know the DIBB

How to extend our Disney Tickets to next year.

Hi ther
After advise as can see a potential issue coming up...
We purchased 14 Disney tickets back in Dec 2019 to use last year which obviously didn’t happen and now have until 30 Sept 2021 for them to be used.
We bought the tickets from a company called Florida Escapes who have currently mothballed their company until the pandemic is over, so my concern is that if we can not get to Florida by September 2021 and I can’t contact Florida escapes to see if we can extend the tickets until next year, what’s my next step?
Their website says that any unused tickets can be exchanged “at the parks” but that seems a pretty big gamble to me?
Bulldogmason is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

Orlando attraction tickets told me I could pay difference in price at any ticket booth in any Disney park . I had a webchat with Disney and they confirmed I'd be able to do it for any ticket that hasn'tbeen activated but expired . The issue I have is if I change to next year and the park reservations are still in place or fastpasses come back
Old 24 Jan 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
Orlando attraction tickets told me I could pay difference in price at any ticket booth in any Disney park . I had a webchat with Disney and they confirmed I'd be able to do it for any ticket that hasn'tbeen activated but expired . The issue I have is if I change to next year and the park reservations are still in place or fastpasses come back
Can I confirm that even applies to those tickets that have been designed exclusively for UK visitors e.g Ultimate tickets?
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Can I confirm that even applies to those tickets that have been designed exclusively for UK visitors e.g Ultimate tickets?
Our tickets were also extended to Sept 30th so I'm also a little bit concerned what the situation will be if we have to cancel our August trip.
We bought direct from Disney so will be emailing Disney again to ask if they will further extend.
This is the email address I used ; disneytraveluk@disneyonline.com

Edit to say: I started a thread a little while ago about this same thing Here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1201042

Edited at 08:45 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

I've just done this with AttractionTickets.com. Originally booked May 21 moved to November 21, I rang AT paid an additional £45 per tickets, sent my old tickets back via special delivery and my new tickets came this morning.

The issue OP is going to have is that Florida Escapes doesn't seem to be selling tickets anymore. There is a link to contact them via webform if you find yourself in the situation that you do OP.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
beepbeep
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by quartergill View Post
Got a reply back from Disney today
It’s not possible to extend the uk tickets they expire 30 sept 21

I can’t get a refund as the place I bought the tickets won’t refund once linked to my Disney ex
beepbeep is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Quick answer OP is that you can't & theoretically no-one apart from Florida Escapes can help you. All that being said Disney might help but don't have to as you don't have any sort of contract with them. Under "normal" circumstances they would in reality help but in each case it would be merit based & would depend on the reason any of us couldn't go before Sept '21- If the parks are open, which they are , then they technically have fulfilled their end & it's not their fault none of us can currently get there IYKWIM.
What I could possibly see is a further extension but if I was a Company I'd be sorting out those that bought Direct first & leave each individual company to deal with as they see fit - let's face it FE might not have even paid Disney!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
Got a reply back from Disney today
It’s not possible to extend the uk tickets they expire 30 sept 21

I can’t get a refund as the place I bought the tickets won’t refund once linked to my Disney ex
Is it possible to reassign your tickets to a US resident? - It shows on my MDE ' My Plans, Reservations and Tickets' section that I can add a person to my group and (I may be wrong but) I assume I could reassign my ticket to the added guest.
It may be worth asking customer services.
Sorry for the ugly redactions

Edited at 10:37 PM. Reason: to add picture.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jordanski
Excited about Disney

I received a reply from Disney yesterday. You are able to pay the difference in price for tickets that haven't been activated
Old 3 Feb 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jordanski View Post
I received a reply from Disney yesterday. You are able to pay the difference in price for tickets that haven't been activated
Do they activate when first used or when first linked to MDE? I bought mine direct from Disney so they automatically linked to MDE
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List