Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

virgin airbus a330-200 - Premium Economy

anyone travelled premium on this aircraft

we have had a schedule aircraft change and the seat size seems considerably less than the 747 we were originally booked on

the pitch is 36 and seat width 17.7 (seat width same as economy)

i have made a call to flying club customer care and i get the impression that they just don't care, they agree it's significantly less but insist it's still a premium product, it seems like there is nothing i can do

the VA website still advertise premium as up to 21 inches legroom AND a seat pitch of 38 saying it's one of the biggest in it's class

i'm hoping fellow dibber Mr Morrow will come along on this thread and offer his wisdom

i asked for some recompense and they just said nothing they can do

Edited at 08:10 PM.
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, the Premium on the A330-200s, and the new A350s that are on their way, is significantly worse than Premium on the rest of the fleet. As you say much narrower seats, I think they might be marginally bigger but nothing like what you're used to. I'm struggling to see the difference between Eco delight and the new Premium and wouldn't pay for it if I knew I was flying on one of these new jets. Technically it is better (though barely) than Economy so I get where Virgin are coming from but yeah. I wouldn't be happy.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Yes, the Premium on the A330-200s, and the new A350s that are on their way, is significantly worse than Premium on the rest of the fleet. As you say much narrower seats, I think they might be marginally bigger but nothing like what you're used to. I'm struggling to see the difference between Eco delight and the new Premium and wouldn't pay for it if I knew I was flying on one of these new jets. Technically it is better (though barely) than Economy so I get where Virgin are coming from but yeah. I wouldn't be happy.
this is one of the things i raised on the phone, i said economy delight is the same width and only 2 inches less at a pitch of 34, i am really upset but they just don't seem to care

i think my best option is to pray for a miracle and hope we get another schedule change
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wouldn’t pay for it and the food isn’t much good either.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

I traveled in premium on the a330-200 to las vegas last month and can tell you its a great product and the seat although slightly narrower is very comfortable. The upper class if you get a chance to upgrade is the best in the fleet at the moment.
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ayefour View Post
I traveled in premium on the a330-200 to las vegas last month and can tell you its a great product and the seat although slightly narrower is very comfortable. The upper class if you get a chance to upgrade is the best in the fleet at the moment.
can i ask have you experienced premium on the rest of the fleet ?
and is the seat width very noticeable do you think

would love to upgrade to upper but we did it a few years ago and we both agreed it just wasn't worth the extra however i will watch and call for upgrade prices because you just never know something may pop up

at the moment i feel like we get less and less for our money every year
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. We have only flown on the VA 747's for the last 15 years or so. Maybe 48+ flights I suspect.

To be honest the seat width I am ambivalent about as even though I am the wrong side of 17 stone I still fit in an Econ seat ok. I know this as my PE seat was snapped 2 years ago so I got downgraded!

I am watching the feedback with interest for the new 350's but as passengers we can do little about things.

I do find the extra leg room in PE essential though so that part does concern me. Time will tell though.

With regards to the other things in PE such as food etc I find them excellent albeit not as nice as UC!

Edit. Mrs Morrow reminds me we did fly on a 330 some years ago but we were in Econ exit seats so I can't help ref these type

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Ayefour
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

Originally Posted by sunny1 View Post
can i ask have you experienced premium on the rest of the fleet ?
and is the seat width very noticeable do you think

would love to upgrade to upper but we did it a few years ago and we both agreed it just wasn't worth the extra however i will watch and call for upgrade prices because you just never know something may pop up

at the moment i feel like we get less and less for our money every year
I have on the 747 and although it has been a few years i thought the new seats were just as comfortable.
Ayefour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Been on the VA A330 to the Caribbean a number of times in PE and cant say I noticed much difference to the 747s tbh.
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

OP, do you mind me asking when your flight is? As I heard rumours that aircrafts were being switched about back and forth for a very small number of flights in October. So if this is you, it could change again.

I am flying November and as it stands, still on the 747.