Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Aug 19, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, Saturday 10th pool day.

Kids wanted a pool day and have been so tired that we thought they needed a lie in. We have black out curtains so we slept until 8.15ish, got ready and woke kids up. It was too late for the hotel breakfast and nobody was hungry enough to eat out so kids had a cup of dry lucky charms... we have no bowls and the fridge had frozen the milk! Cecil & I had cereal bars that I bought from home.
We relaxed around the pool and snacked on mint m&ms

The boys got peckish so Cecil popped to arby's for mini sliders, there was beef, ham, sf chicken & bbq chicken, think most of them had cheese on too. They were 4 for $5

Mid afternoon we had showers and were going to the car show at old town and wanted to eat at Longhorns first. The rain was horrendous, it was a struggle to see to drive so we decided to stop at closest restaurant instead to see if it would die down as if it continued we would have given the car show a miss. We went to Romanos. I had a delicious frozen cocktail (ultimate bellini)and they bought out 3 lots of bread with oil which was really nice.

To start Cecil had lobster bisque which was lovely and I had corn chowder which was a bit too spicy for me.

The kids had pizzas and we shared the trio which was chicken parmesan, alfredo pasta and lasagne. It was all so creamy and rich but lacking flavour. It wasnt for us. I had a side of balsamic glazed fried brussel sprouts but they were hard and not as nice as us hoped. The restaurant had a leak in the roof so maybe that affected the food somehow! We wouldn't go back. Kids had ice cream for dessert and we left for the car show.

Car show was really good. We all had triple ice creams which was a mistake, of course most of it was wasted! Cecil did his best and definitely had some of everyone's!
I had cake batter which was my fave, butter pecan which was ok and walnut which was grainy and not nice. Everyone else had fudge brownie, snickers, mint, twix.

Saturday was a nice chilled day but not much eating again!

Edited at 02:26 AM.
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about your meal, but a nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 13 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Yum mint m&ms!
Great value at Arbys and sliders look nice. I think the heat and humidity makes you less hungry. Ice creams look good!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Good day. If you have any information on the car show or any pictures you can post I'd be grateful as thinking of taking my nephew who's 5.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Good day. If you have any information on the car show or any pictures you can post I'd be grateful as thinking of taking my nephew who's 5.
Hi, I didn't take any pics and hubby took a video which is about 10mins! Theres lots of little unusual shops like one selling all kinds of jerky, theres a few rides and then you all line up along roadside and the cars drive past, it doesn't take long. Its every Saturday at 8pm, they do another one with muscle cars midweek too. Lots to keep a 5 year old entertained, definitely worth going x
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
Hi, I didn't take any pics and hubby took a video which is about 10mins! Theres lots of little unusual shops like one selling all kinds of jerky, theres a few rides and then you all line up along roadside and the cars drive past, it doesn't take long. Its every Saturday at 8pm, they do another one with muscle cars midweek too. Lots to keep a 5 year old entertained, definitely worth going x
Thanks I will add to the plans x
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List