Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile How’s the WiFi now in Disney Parks?

Do the parks now have better WiFi coverage in each one? Does it still drop out constantly?
I’m with O2 and even when I purchased data my speeds were very very slow loading pages?
Anyone bought a cheap US phone and some kind of cheap way of using it for roaming?
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I think it’s worse!
I don’t remember it being so bad before.
Animal Kingdom is the worst.

Re roaming, I’m with o2 and mine has switched to TMobile. DS and OH are Vodafone and they’ve switched to AT&T which seems to be better than TMobile for DS but isn’t working at all for OH despite numerous online chats with Vodafone 🤷
I tried selecting AT&T in my roaming options but although it registers, it doesn’t work

Edited at 03:27 PM.
Vanillapod is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
We are with 3 and had no problems at all with the wifi in the parks. Sometimes had to log back in but it was always fast enough for us

Edited to add we didn't always notice it had logged us out as with 3 we automatically went onto data which we had no problems with either.

Edited at 03:47 PM.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Vanillapod View Post
I think it’s worse!
I don’t remember it being so bad before.
Animal Kingdom is the worst.

Re roaming, I’m with o2 and mine has switched to TMobile. DS and OH are Vodafone and they’ve switched to AT&T which seems to be better than TMobile for DS but isn’t working at all for OH despite numerous online chats with Vodafone 🤷
I tried selecting AT&T in my roaming options but although it registers, it doesn’t work
Oh good grief! How can it get worse? I suppose sheer volume of people!
I’ve actually discovered that I can upgrade my phone take out a new contract with more data and inclusive USA roaming for not much more than adding on a travel inclusive plan outside Europe so I might do that!
Can’t believe we only get 3G though if the company throttles us back which O2 does!
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
We are with 3 and had no problems at all with the wifi in the parks. Sometimes had to log back in but it was always fast enough for us
I think 3 seems to get the best reviews. The trouble is that I’m not sure of the Three coverage where I live.

Edited at 03:53 PM.
CarolynU is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I had a 3 sim and also used the Wi-Fi and had no problems at all. I used my phone all over the parks and on the buses and it worked all the time.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyWannabe
Imagineer

We used 3 sims, but didn't find the wifi very good, especially in HS. I wanted to get another fastpass after we had used our 3 at midday and no matter what I did could I get it to load.

Tried to use it on 3G too and wasn't much better tbh.
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I had a 3 sim and also used the Wi-Fi and had no problems at all. I used my phone all over the parks and on the buses and it worked all the time.
Umm maybe should investigate three rather than upgrade O2!
I’m in a very sketchy area at home for coverage that’s the additional prob and I know O2 works here not sure about Three. Don’t want to solve one prob and create a different one.
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
You don’t need to move to three permanently. Just temporarily while in the states. We got a 1 month payg card.

Edited at 04:57 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I just used my data on the Vodafone red entertainment package.
Cost me nothing .
WiFi was ≈≈≈≈ in the parks ,especially POFQ and the universal ones
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List