Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 May 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

2 weeks - how do you do it

Due to circumstances we are doing two weeks next year (normal only do a week due to work etc and normal do either Disney or Universal) I was wondering how people manage to cram Disney, Universal and SeaWorld into a two week holiday whilst having some resemblance of flexibility. We have already decided to do Disney next year and will do Seaworld/Aquatica as we have not been there for 5+ years. We were looking at the available days and our original idea was to do HRH for a couple of days at the end of the holiday to get the universal fix but this would have cost circa £2k (tickets and hotel) for a family of 4 for 2 days worth of entertainment which seemed disproportionate to the rest of the holiday (we have a villa booked and 2 nights YC club level in the middle of the stay). We have mentioned it to the kids and only our youth seems bothered but I suppose worst case we can get a one day day universal ticket with FP. We are quite seasoned visitors but have not done two weeks for a long time and also are very early risers but mid afternoon chillers so it’s very seldom we do full days in the parks. Is it still possible to do it all in two weeks if so how ? (Or do we have a cheeky 1 week visit to the HRH at a different time to get the universal fix in a more relaxed fashion)
Old 22 May 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't do all those. I just do Disney and Discovery Cove.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I don't do all those. I just do Disney and Discovery Cove.
And we don’t do Disney, but do Universal
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Mobile

When my children were young I worked in down days. So we always started off with magic kingdom , then a down day like a water park , and looked at closing times for everywhere we wanted to see. If we had a late night with fireworks etc would make sure if we did a park the next day was one that closed early.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

If doing 2 weeks. We do 4 nights universal and 10 nights Disney. In the Disney bit we would put our DC day
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We used to do Disney, SeaWorld and Universal but that was when there were less parks. We stopped doing SeaWorld a few years ago. We can manage Disney and Universal in 2 weeks no bother but we usually just do 2 days at Universal, maybe 3 at a push.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually plan the first two full days in Disney then two days in the Universal parks then back to Disney again. We do however plan our Disney days so we hit each park twice and allow down days so it’s not too hectic.. some pool time is very much needed. I plan our ADRS and Fastpass + around the park we want to be in that day. TBH we gave up in the busy days calendar years ago since it’s always busy no matter the time of year usually only the recent pandemic has changed that.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We've done it twice & still had down time!
2 days Universal with a day in each park
1 day Discovery Cove
1 day SeaWorld
1 day Busch
1 day outlets
8 days Disney incl water parks & springs - mostly half or short days with pool time
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don’t try and do both Disney and Universal in a two week trip anymore. But I have done several times. I’ve reached the conclusion it’s just not relaxing enough because I just want to ‘do it all’ when we are there. Me and my daughter are major park stormers! So now we do Disney and every few years we do Universal as well as add four days on. We have a couple of 10 night just Disney trips and have found those great fun but that’s when it’s just be and my daughter and we don’t shop or do water parks. I think the tickets are too expensive to try to do it all in two weeks. But I think this is a very ‘what do you like’ question. I’ve been to WDW 11 times now and can still happily fill two weeks there. I could never occupy myself in the Universal parks for more than 4 days though. But I prefer the Universal hotels so with shopping and relaxing a great week can be had there for me too. We haven’t done Sea World or Discovery Cove for over a decade as it plays too badly on my conscience but we have done them historically. We love the Sea World coasters but have become uncomfortable with the animal exhibits.
Old 22 May 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We do either Disney or Universal and SeaWorld. I don’t think you get the value out of the tickets unless you use them a lot. Depends what you want from your holiday, but we prefer to not rush about too much. If you can manage it, I’d go with the cheeky extra week to Universal if you can.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List