Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Dec 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
doublejay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

which is the best prepaid card to use?

Hi guys, looking for advice on the best prepaid card to have? I have previously used fair fx but wondered if these are better options
Florida pines april 2008

Southern Dunes april 2009
doublejay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Watching this thread with interest we have previously used Fair Fax as well.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Finnybobs112
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Can you use prepay cards for mobile ordering too?
Finnybobs112 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

We used Caxton last year was no hassle at all
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MatJohnson
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm thinking of using Monzo. Anyone got any experience?
MatJohnson is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a Caxton card but rarely use it now, just use the clarity credit card.

Fairfax is fine as well, so is the post office.

Revolut is the one I would avoid as you have the risk of the account being frozen for no reason as many are still reporting across both their cards and accounts.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We use the Post Office travel money card, with FAIRFX as backup. Never had any issues.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I got the Revolut card for our trip in 2018, I really like it. You can turn all or part of the card off on the app, so you can turn the whole card off, or just internet ordering. It gives you an immediate notification when purchasing, and a daily summary which made budgeting great. The exchange rate was the best. I loaded it up with funds monthly then converted to dollar when the rate was at its best.
I loved it so much I still use it for my contactless purchases in UK
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TheNDawg
Excited about Disney

The Revolut card was amazing for me when I went in 2017. Notifications for every purcase, easy to switch money between accounts, good exchange rates. I would definitely recommend it
TheNDawg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post

I have used the Caxton card for many years without any issues at all. And have been very happy with it.

I think it depends why you want to use a prepaid card. If because you want to store dollars at potentially a higher rate then you would get at the time then a pre paid card is potentially helpful. But rates may go up or down.

If it's so you can access money easily and pay on a card then personally we use starling now. It's useful as you put your money in the central pot and spend as you wish and you get bank exchange rates. So it is variable day by day as you spend but I think a slightly better rate than Caxton any way.

It also allows you to keep money in a separate space attached to your account but separate. So if you lose your card you don't lose your main wodge of money. It takes seconds to transfer.

We have some dollars stuck on a caxton card from 2019 which we will use up next year the rest is on starling.

(I like starling so much have moved my main bank to them too). Much more responsive. Easy to see why they have won so many awards.

Edited at 04:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List