Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jan 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Thank you for everything you do
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Having any political posts in one section works well in my view and hopefully those posting in there can accept the many different views we all have.

There does appear to be a loop hole where political posts can be posted as a poll to get round the rules. Perhaps this could be reviewed in future
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Having any political posts in one section works well in my view and hopefully those posting in there can accept the many different views we all have.

There does appear to be a loop hole where political posts can be posted as a poll to get round the rules. Perhaps this could be reviewed in future
Any post in here could be deemed “political” if you looked hard enough. Politics is immersed in everything we do and say in our lives.

Your suggestion would potentially result in every post made being put into the political section.

There’s no loop hole - a poll is a poll .

Edited at 09:34 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Thank you for the update and the insight into the unenviable job of moderating.

I have a query with a point you made that the Terms and Conditions do not give an answer to and I hoped you would be able to clarify.

In the Agreement section, points 5&6 deal with unacceptable comments.

Point 5 states that unacceptable comments are removed without advising the poster, which seems rather practical for the moderators.

Point 6 deals with restrictions being placed on members accounts but does not state if members are advised of the reason for said restrictions. As you said the undernoted:

Originally Posted by Stu View Post
As Admin we are not perfect and we do make mistakes. There will be times when inconsistency will creep in to some of our moderating. We are not immune to mis-reading the intention of the written message the same as other people are not immune.
my question is, do you advise members of the reason for their account being restricted, thus ensuring no errors are made?
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you Stu, admin and other moderators for keeping this forum a pleasant and info rich place to lose ourselves for an hour or two... ermmm maybe three lol
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

You and your fellow admins do a difficult job, imho extremely well. Thankyou for that.

I look forward to the days when we are once more vacationing, planning and reporting. The DIBB will once again become a holiday forum and I very much welcome that.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vowels View Post
my question is, do you advise members of the reason for their account being restricted, thus ensuring no errors are made?
Where we think it would be helpful then we do advise, however if it is something blatant and definitely highlighted in our T&C’s then no, as we expect every member to have read and abide by our T&C’s

As it happens, if we ignore the obvious trolls or spammers causing issues, then I would say that any restrictions regarding being excluded from certain forums is virtually always due to that person making unfriendly personal comments about another member or group of members.

I have posted many reminders over the last few months regarding not making posts personal so in this instance if someone continues to ignore those reminders and our T&C’s they can expect to have their account restricted with no explanation from Admin.

As an example, today we had a member that called everyone a nazi and told everyone to go F... themselves.

That user was permanently banned with no explanation.

A couple of days ago a member was given a short term ban but we gave them a reason.

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Hi stu would it be possible for the last post on one page become the first on the next, the reason I ask is on a fast moving thread sometimes the last post on a page is missed by people who look at the last page.
Something we can maybe look at
Old 25 Jan 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Geez Stu, lots for you to do.

Thanks for the reminder of the back ground work that goes on!

I will aim to make my posts more friendly immediately!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Well said and thank you admins for keeping the dibb a friendly place to visit...most of the time.
You all do a brilliant job!
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List