Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jul 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

He lost the gin as well? man thats bad
Old 18 Jul 12, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post

My husband can multi task. He can f**t and snore at the same time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 12, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
clynewolves
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm in charge of booking everything, organising all the cards, money, documents, speaking to the car salesman in the airport. Men have a hard life!
Oct 2009 & 2010, Sep 2011 & Oct 2012 Blue Heron Beach Resort
clynewolves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 12, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
CSIDi
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dreammaker View Post
my husband can multi task. He can f**t and snore at the same time.
d:d

Relax, unwind, get in a flip flop state of mind

CSIDi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Duh men! I have to admit to having a pretty good one though and he likes to take charge on the day so I just let him
Old 18 Jul 12, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

I don't let my oh mind anything important ... Sorry I know that's not helpful but he too would lose then in seconds...we've had Christmas alcohol (so lots) left at the end of the aisle AFTER paying, M&S shopping left gawd knows where he had it as we walked to the car but it was gone when we unloaded...many more...hence no important stuff for him!
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 12, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Dankusan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
well, this is not always the case. I have to do ALL the planning and execution. I have it all methodically planned, as per the OP, all docs in a poly book, all checked and double checked, and hol goes like clockwork! Not all men are poor planners!
All these threads and responses bashing men.
I am the organiser in our relationship, i hold onto all the documents, arrange absolutely everything else and i even pack (yes you read that right)

Stop giving us blokes hard times
Old 19 Jul 12, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have to say that I agree with poster above if there were threads on here slamming women we would all be up in arms!

I do however understand OP's frustration as I am the planner/organiser in our house but don't you think that a lot of us women are actually a wee bit 'control freakish' and if our other halves tried to take all these jobs away from us we would still complain!

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 12, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Well my OH must be in the minority as he is brilliant at planning/organising and minding all important documents on holiday!
Though this time I was allocated sorting out check ins/API's and ESTA's and keeping hold of all useful information to do with holiday. He still had passports as I couldn't bear the responsibility and would be manically checking every 5 minutes that I hadn't lost them!

Although one year he did go on a stag do to Ibiza and when checking in at Stanstead airport after a 2 hour journey there he opened up his passport to find he had accidentally taken mine instead
Think he has been even more careful since that day!
Old 19 Jul 12, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

A wee update...

After numerous phone calls this morning to airport, insurance company, police and passport office (the latter of these two couldn't have cared less that the passports were lost), I checked my email and guess what? An email from the company I booked the hol with to say that they had received our passports, flight tickets and ESTAS through the post in a polypocket (told you I was organised! ) and did they want them to forward them onto our home address? He sounded really confused as to why they had got them so I phoned to explain! So, a big relief and a happy ending!

Just for the record, I wasn't man-bashing, I love my hubby dearly but it is a real turnaround for him to lose something and not me! I was merely pointing out the fact that I would have been seriously chastised (and not Mr Grey style ) had I lost them so I suppose I was gloating rather than man bashing that it was him and not me for once

I should add that he still wants to know where the gun went...

xxx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread