Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jul 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I have a similar one, and I have appt in 2 weeks with the dermatology unit - fingers crossed
Fingers crossed everything goes well for you, please keep me posted cx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky View Post
I have had several skin cancer scares with moles removed.
In the biopsy they have shown changes that may have led to cancer but luckily so far none have.

Better to be safe than sorry
Exactly! Did you get further treatment to remove them? My report said there were FOUR pathologists looking at mine to try and definitively diagnose because it was such early stages!xx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cairacf View Post
That's so nice of you, thank you! I was a basket case at the time to be honest but hid it well I think. The hardest part now is not being able to sunbathe. I get Factor 50 on prescription now (so its free!) but still have to stay in the shade wherever possible!

The ironic thing is, straight after I got the all clear from my surgery, I booked Florida for next year haha! Clear from skin cancer? Book a holiday to the sunshine state, that's wise!
Is that sunsense factor 50 ? I've just got 2 on prescription for DS as he has light sensitivity from medication .
You will be fine in Florida , I think it's doable with planning .
I've bought a white cotton beach cover up and a wide brimmed hat and some factor 85 & 50 . I plan to go to the parks early then leave for a leisurely lunch / siesta and go back to the parks early eve .
It's retraining your brain that pale skin is pretty , I love that golden sun kissed look but it's just not healthy unless its out of a bottle lol
It's funny , I do wonder how many people are walking around with MM and don't realise
Every holiday I go on I see people quite literally frying , will need to bite my lip if I see people allowing their kids to burn though :angry:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 13, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vistacay4 View Post
Is that sunsense factor 50 ? I've just got 2 on prescription for DS as he has light sensitivity from medication .
You will be fine in Florida , I think it's doable with planning .
I've bought a white cotton beach cover up and a wide brimmed hat and some factor 85 & 50 . I plan to go to the parks early then leave for a leisurely lunch / siesta and go back to the parks early eve .
It's retraining your brain that pale skin is pretty , I love that golden sun kissed look but it's just not healthy unless its out of a bottle lol
It's funny , I do wonder how many people are walking around with MM and don't realise
Every holiday I go on I see people quite literally frying , will need to bite my lip if I see people allowing their kids to burn though :angry:
Yeah it's sunsense factor 50 I get, it's really good, goes on really easily! Oh, I wouldn't hold my tongue, I am like the Mole Police, I think I am severely annoying everyone, ESP on FB because I'm always posting reminders to people when the weather is good haha! I never, ever thought it would happen to me, I'm pretty sallow skinned, Italian heritage etc etc, just shows you that anyone can get it! I'm sure the damage was done in my teenage year, girls holidays, factor 10' 8' 4 and then 2. Stupid and naive
Old 17 Jul 13, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Good Luck
Old 17 Jul 13, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Merryweather;8759452]Good Luck[/QUOTE

Thank you, hope you get good news soon too xxx
Old 18 Jul 13, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
The-JAXX
Imagineer

The-JAXX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yeah it's sunsense factor 50 I get, it's really good, goes on really easily! Oh, I wouldn't hold my tongue, I am like the Mole Police, I think I am severely annoying everyone, ESP on FB because I'm always posting reminders to people when the weather is good haha! I never, ever thought it would happen to me, I'm pretty sallow skinned, Italian heritage etc etc, just shows you that anyone can get it! I'm sure the damage was done in my teenage year, girls holidays, factor 10' 8' 4 and then 2. Stupid and naive
Hi, if your on Facebook there a group called melanomamates uk. A great group with lots of help and advice about melanoma
DLP-May02,Oct05,April08,FLORIDA- May03,Holiday inn,Xmas04QualityInnApril06VillasofSomerset/RPR,Aug07BahamaBay/RPR,Dec08 BahamaBay,Aug10 BahamaBay/HRH,Feb11 New York,Aug11 Cypress,Aug12 BahamaBay/Vegas,Feb14 BahamaBay,Aug14 Sanfran/Vegas/LA,Aug15 Bahamabay/Aug16 vegas/monteray /san diego/Mar17 NewYork/Dec17 Disney Cruise/Bahama Bay/Jun18 Florida/Sep18 Seattle/Hawaii/Dec18 Florida/Feb19 ParisDisney/Jun19 Barbados/Dec19 Bahama Bay
The-JAXX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 13, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by The-JAXX View Post
Hi, if your on Facebook there a group called melanomamates uk. A great group with lots of help and advice about melanoma
Hi JAXX , I've been added to the FB group after you recommended me thank you
Not long on your DH's appointment ? Fingers crossed , feeling positive !
Old 18 Jul 13, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad I'm not the only skin police lol
I used to drop down to factor 15 ! So bad
Haven't burnt too badly as an adult but do remember frying as a child .
My DD wants a tan at the mo I've bought her some Dove summer skin , she's moaning about wearing factor 30&50 so I'm going to dispense some into a low factor bottle just for some peace on holiday .
Most the girls in her school look orange with those strange eyebrows , I hope that's not the look she's aiming for ha ha
Old 18 Jul 13, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Vistacay4 View Post
Glad I'm not the only skin police lol
I used to drop down to factor 15 ! So bad
Haven't burnt too badly as an adult but do remember frying as a child .
My DD wants a tan at the mo I've bought her some Dove summer skin , she's moaning about wearing factor 30&50 so I'm going to dispense some into a low factor bottle just for some peace on holiday .
Most the girls in her school look orange with those strange eyebrows , I hope that's not the look she's aiming for ha ha
That's a brilliant idea! My DD is 11 and she looks amazing with a tan but factor 50 it is! She's not quite at the wanting to be orange stage but I'm sure given a couple of years that'll come!
Closed Thread