Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jan 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I am exactly the same as you - I had a fussy daughter who was vegan! Thankfully she's gone back to just veggie now but I know what it's like. Luckily she will eat pulses & beans but not the other things you mentioned. Anyway, FWIW, I think calcium is far more of an issue with a vegan diet than protein - we don't need nearly as much protein as you might think and it's found in lots of foods, not just the obvious ones. Anyway, aside from burgers, making a meal from side dishes was our best friend - one of the best meals she had was at Thunder Falls Terrace at Universal - she has side dishes of potatoes, sweetcorn, black beans etc. Was delicious!

Dole Whip is vegan (the pineapple one only) and yes Blaze Pizza does vegan cheese. Oh and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot does a great vegan korma!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post

This is a post i made a while ago, its still upto date, where Veggie, just ask for Vegan, not sure on CiCi's though, Sweet Tomato has Veggie and Vegan listed on the labels

Onsite

Trails end with chef TJ is a must, the best meal you will ever have as a Veggie ( though tell him you are Vegan, as his normal buffet contains veggie stuff ) it is a true special meal, 5 course of heaven ( though make sure you go when chef TJ is on, i booked 2 ADR's one midweek and one weekend, then checked if he was on ) UPDATE tj has moved to Cafe may, he is still popping into Trails end, but only for 1 or 2 nights a week,
On the plus note, TE are continuing with the theme, its a 3 course vehan meal, TJ's samosa's, his Tofu and noddle dish and dessert ( vegan cookies and vegan ice cream ) its not his special meal, but still nice enough

Boma, ask for Chef Matt, he will show you the veggie options ( loads of them ) and if you want anything special, he will hook you up teriyaki tofu is a dish he will cook for you

Turf club, since Chef Omar has left for avatar land,it seems his fellow chefs are carrying on his good work

The Wave, had a Veggie menu

Whispering canyon has a vegan / veggie skillet, the pulled pork is to die for, this was my wifes fav dish of the holiday

Liberty tree tavern has a vegan meatloaf, very good reports on this

Cali Grill has its own extensive Vegan menu

D Luxe burger does a vegan offering

Blaze pizza, ask them to change gloves,

erin mckenna, loads of vegan sweet treats

off-site

Sweet tomato's is great, very recommended, we loved it here , its very cheap and cheerful, imagine pizza hut salad bar but massive

Bombay Cafe is great for a Indian, its a bit of a drive and a really strange place, it is in a " Indian Mall " , very small but the food was great

CiCi's pizza was cheap and cheerful, just ask at the counter for a pizza you fancy, mention you are veggie and to use clean tools ( so they are aware ), they do not do vegan cheese ( daya ) so might not be worth it

Dixiedharma comes highly recommended, as does the Valhalla bakery next door

Yard house, loads of veggie options, slightly less vegan. but still a good option, they use gardein products which are vegan, they do have a shared fryer, which doesnt appeal to us, but some are not fried
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

I love you lot so much!

Thank you for being so understanding and amazingly helpful.
You have put my mind at ease so so much.

Thank you everyone xx

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

All I can say is, how wonderful she has done this. I am trying to go veggie and then vegan. The videos I have seen have been horrific and its wonderful to see another compassionate person opting for cruelty free. Good luck and much love to your girl. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I would be tempted to do what you were going to do and she will have to adapt to find something she can eat. Otherwise you are all adapting to her!
If you want to grab a pizza on the way home, get one. Just get her something different! It's her choice, good on her but you can carry on as you were. Obviously you don't want her to not have anything to eat but I'm sure she can find something!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I'm vegan and we go in May I've done lots of research and I think it'll be fine. Disney in fact should be easy there's a Facebook group vegan Disney world and it's brilliant! They do vegan burgers hot dogs grilled cheese ice cream etc. Theres another group for UniversalOrlando vegans which is helpful. Again u can get vegan burgers in the parks and city walk does vegan doughnuts. I am sure cheesecake factory do vegan options for mains (probably not the cheesecake itself) Google has a wealth of information. We also plan to go to whole foods on our first night (near universal) and stock up on snacks Inc cereal bars and stuff so that we always have something to hand. I absolutely love being vegan and couldn't imagine going back now. I also love Orlando and kind of enjoyed the extra level of planning required! I think you will be fine :-)
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluto76
Helping Minnie

My daughter is vegan/gluten and soy free due to lots of health issues. She eats really well at Disney so do not worry! Get her to do her research on the places mentioned, Blaze pizzas are great, also when we go to,places that don't have anything on menu dd just brings her own food with her. We did that in lots of restaurants on and off site, said she had allergies and they brought her a plate.
Pluto76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List