Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 3 Feb 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mydogbaloo
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

What's the cheapest way to do Disney & Universal?

Morning all

Whats the cheapest way to do Disney 14 day and Universal 3 day park tickets for June/July 19 for 4 adults please? Not hugely worried about hopping as we are there for 20 days so have plenty of time.

Was thinking of buying from Disney direct via Quidco today before the possible price rise but not sure if the combo deals are cheaper?

Help please ...
mydogbaloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Dont thi k there is a cheap way to do both/either especially for 4!
Old 3 Feb 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mydogbaloo

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Dont thi k there is a cheap way to do both/either especially for 4!
Yes you are right there

Just looking to buy the tickets today, but not sure if buying them individually or as a combo is cheaper.

TIA
mydogbaloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Prices tend not to vary much from the direct prices although you will occasionally get tickets a few ££ cheaper or an incentive with one company or other. You just need to trawl through the companies mentioned at the top of the ticket part of the forum and go with the combination that’s cheapest which may be two different companies. Some companies will offer real tickets, others evouchers/e-tickets so that all needs to be taken into account too.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

You could look at base tickets for Disney and Universal if you don't need the full 14 day tickets.

We have an 9 day Disney base ticket (date specific) from orlandoattractions.com and Universal 2 days + 2 days free from Undercover Tourist.

We probably wont use all the Disney days but they are valid for a shorter period now. The 9 day ticket is valid for 13 days so will give us more flexibility. The Universal tickets are valid for 7 days from 1st use.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mydogbaloo View Post
Morning all

Whats the cheapest way to do Disney 14 day and Universal 3 day park tickets for June/July 19 for 4 adults please? Not hugely worried about hopping as we are there for 20 days so have plenty of time.

Was thinking of buying from Disney direct via Quidco today before the possible price rise but not sure if the combo deals are cheaper?

Help please ...
Getting the ticket from Disney through Quidco and buying a Universal 3 Day Base ticket from undercovertourist will cost around £546.46. The Universal 3 Day Base ticket will have to be used in a 7 day period including the first day of use, and doesn't include riding the Hogwarts Express, park hopping, or Volcano Bay. If you want to ride the Hogwarts Express you will need a Park to Park ticket, and if you want to include Volcano Bay then you will probably be better off buying the Universal 3 Park Explorer ticket as part of a Combo.

The cheapest Combo that I can see is the Disney & Universal Explorer Combo Saver from floridaescapes.co.uk, £625 using the code paydaysaving, but you would need to pay in full at the time of booking to get this price. Link below.

floridaescapes/spe...-weekend-offer

If you wanted to pay a deposit orlandoattractions.com are selling it for £628.68. You would need to phone them to pay a deposit. Link below.

orlandoattractions/t...iversal-3-park

Apart from the above you could buy a 9 or 10 day base ticket for Disney but to be honest even a 9 day ticket will cost around £349.41 and you can't visit the water parks, so it might be better to stick with the Disney 14 day Ultimate for £360 direct from Disney through Quidco.

If you bought the Combo you could stagger it to cover the 20 days, the choice is yours though.

Edited at 04:51 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
secrettale
I want to go now!

Sorry to jump in on this thread. I was wondering how the Quidco cashback works ? - If you want to buy two tickets do you have to have buy the tickets through two separate Quidco accounts or is the £15 cashback applied to each ticket - if you buy them in a single transaction ?

Thank you so much for your help. I have never used Quidco before but this is the best deal for the disney tickets I have seen so far.
secrettale is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mydogbaloo

Originally Posted by secrettale View Post
Sorry to jump in on this thread. I was wondering how the Quidco cashback works ? - If you want to buy two tickets do you have to have buy the tickets through two separate Quidco accounts or is the £15 cashback applied to each ticket - if you buy them in a single transaction ?

Thank you so much for your help. I have never used Quidco before but this is the best deal for the disney tickets I have seen so far.

Quidco is a cash back site, I am waiting for my purchase to "track" at the moment to confirm the rate, so will update you once I know
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

No you just go through Quidco's link to your preferred supplier and order as usual all tickets on one order. Cashback tracks usually quickly but can take months before it's withdrawable.
I've used them for years but never count the cashback ... it's more of an after the event bonus (which is now well into four figures paid out to me)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we always get the 14 day multi because nothing worse than wanting extra days at universal and no days left on ticket so we get them because we stay on idrive and sometimes go in the evening
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List