Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 19, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I think it’s ok but we prefer other places.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mjspin
Very Serious Dibber

Like for like, I would have to agree that BoG is better value for money, especially if on QSDP. That said, Columbia Harbour House is one of our family favourites. As previously mentioned, head upstairs for a much quieter and more relaxed experience - honestly quieter than anywhere I've seen at BoG. They offer mobile ordering which you can collect from the far right of the order area. Family favourites are Chicken Pot Pie as previously mentioned and Lobster Roll, both served with broccoli on the side. Can you tell we are a family that miss our vegetables in Florida?!
Mjspin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
Like for like, I would have to agree that BoG is better value for money, especially if on QSDP. That said, Columbia Harbour House is one of our family favourites. As previously mentioned, head upstairs for a much quieter and more relaxed experience - honestly quieter than anywhere I've seen at BoG. They offer mobile ordering which you can collect from the far right of the order area. Family favourites are Chicken Pot Pie as previously mentioned and Lobster Roll, both served with broccoli on the side. Can you tell we are a family that miss our vegetables in Florida?!
I always find many of their sides include vegetables - mixed veggies, broccoli or green beans usually. But every single time I order broccoli it comes out almost raw - don't they know how to cook it?
Old 14 Feb 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We *love* the tuna sandwich and it's on our must-eat list every time! I even make them at home...
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 03:03 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

One of our favourite places
Old 14 Feb 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Definitely one of our favourites. And to be honest I’d choose it over be our guest as it’s so peaceful upstairs and be our guest is busy and crowded.

I like the tuna sandwich and clam chowder. The kids like the fish platter. They also do good chicken strips.
You can get a jacket potato from a stall just outside so sometimes my dd with get a potato and then join us inside while we have something from CHH.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortie
Getting Excited

The broccoli and couscous as sides had gone in Nov was rice and green beans. I liked the crunchy veg makes a change from mush. As for BOG it was good when it opened in IMHO it hasn’t maintained that. The toilets were really horrible as well, dirty etc

Edited at 06:17 AM. Reason: Changed a word to in
Mortie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List