Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Feb 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
We travelled on estas that expired 2 days after arrival and no problems at all!
Same for us last Dec,
Ours expired 3days after arrival.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Hi
How do I find out when my Estas expire... i've just done my application and it says that I still have a valid Esta - we went in May 2017 but I can't remember when I put the application in. We are also going May this year.
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claireasol View Post
Hi
How do I find out when my Estas expire... i've just done my application and it says that I still have a valid Esta - we went in May 2017 but I can't remember when I put the application in. We are also going May this year.
Well it doesn’t matter if you have done your application, as the new one supersedes the original one
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Well it doesn’t matter if you have done your application, as the new one supersedes the original one
I haven't gone through the whole process - stopped when it said I already had and existing Esta
Claireasol is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi
Hope I've understood your post correctly.

You travelled in May 2017 on an ESTA so I'm assuming that you will have applied before May 2017? ESTAs last for 2 years from approval not from the date of travel (unless of course you change P/P in the meantime). For example if your ESTA was approved in mid-April 2017 it will still show as having 30 days left from now. It will however expire mid-April 2019. Not enough to travel in May 2019.

If I were you I'd go on the official ESTA site to recover your status. You'll need the passport number.

Mick

Edited at 04:59 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Hope I've understood your post correctly.

You travelled in May 2017 on an ESTA so I'm assuming that you will have applied before May 2017? ESTAs last for 2 years from approval not from the date of travel (unless of course you change P/P in the meantime). For example if your ESTA was approved in mid-April 2017 it will still show as having 30 days left from now. It will however expire mid-April 2019. Not enough to travel in May 2019.

If I were you I'd go on the official ESTA site to recover your status. You'll need the passport number.

Mick
Thanks Mick.
This is what i was thinking - travel May but would have definitely applied much before... but same as now and only decided to go end Feb but will be expired I'm sure.

I've requested the Group ID to be sent to my email but it didn't arrive but I'm going to get new ones anyway - in fact just went through the whole process of adding 4 different peoples info, got to the point of paying where it says to have till X date to pay (- was going to leave to tomorrow morning to just double check everything as had a glass of wine whilst doing it! ) but have lost the lot! Dunno know or why but it's all gone
Old 1 Mar 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks Mick.
This is what i was thinking - travel May but would have definitely applied much before... but same as now and only decided to go end Feb but will be expired I'm sure.

I've requested the Group ID to be sent to my email but it didn't arrive but I'm going to get new ones anyway - in fact just went through the whole process of adding 4 different peoples info, got to the point of paying where it says to have till X date to pay (- was going to leave to tomorrow morning to just double check everything as had a glass of wine whilst doing it! ) but have lost the lot! Dunno know or why but it's all gone
As you probably know the only reason to do a group application is to make one single payment at the end. All ESTAs are individual to each passport.

You can check the status of every ESTA with names, DOB and passport number on the official site.

EDITED to say you don't need names to retrieve ESTA details - just p/p details and DOB

Mick

Edited at 07:49 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Claireasol
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As you probably know the only reason to do a group application is to make one single payment at the end. All ESTAs are individual to each passport.

You can check the status of every ESTA with names, DOB and passport number on the official site.

EDITED to say you don't need names to retrieve ESTA details - just p/p details and DOB

Mick
Thanks again. Definitely using the right web site as used the link from here,