Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Dec 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
The kids have outgrown the times of asking for Lego sets for Christmas. They still like the Advent calendar. Reading about it on the Dibb made me think about giving it a go for myself. Only in a small way, though. My DW got me the City Pizza Van for Christmas. I finished it today, with some input from the youngest. Really enjoyed it and it looks great. My SIL put small presents on the table when we visited and I’ve got a little City Police starter set to do.

We’ve still got boxloads, mainly in storage boxes rather than original sets.
I have been buying Lego for quite a while now
However I wait until certain models are going off sale and buy then. But I never open the boxes and just pack them away in a cupboard to see if they increase in price.

But reading all these threads has given me the urge to build something. To that end I am going hunting for my Sons old stuff as he has loads of models from the early 90's that were made repeatedly such as the Pirate Ship, all the Castle stuff and dozens of the Town models such as the Police Station etc. Off hunting now.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 11:36 AM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Treated myself to the smaller Millennium Falcon and the Yellow Submarine in the sales yesterday.

Also over the past 7 or so Christmas' we've been collecting the winter sets which now look like this...

kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have been buying Lgo for quite a while now
However I wait until certain models are going off sale and buy then. But I never open the boxes and just pack them away in a cupboard to see if they increase in price.

But reading all these threads has given me the urge to build something. To that end I am going hunting for my Sons old stuff as he has loads of models from the early 90's that were made repeatedly such as the Pirate Ship, all the Castle stuff and dozens of the Town models such as the Police Station etc. Off hunting now.
Happy hunting Tom.