Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Sep 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluto2000
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Is it just fantasyland that's opened?
Pluto2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Fantasyland prices I'd say...

If you are staying on site and go for early morning hours, or indeed just get there for opening in summer, you won't queue for much. We went in at 8 when it opened and by 10 we had done Thunder, Splash, Haunted, Space, Philharmonic and a few others.
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If people have been doing this before, how is it news ? 😂
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gillh
Getting to know the DIBB

gillh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’s news because it’s changing from 2nd December as per the first post. There will be more rides open and the breakfast venue is changing.
gillh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ohh yeah, the breakfast is new 😂😂 I went to Magic Kingdom for EMH in May, we did Little Mermaid, Snow White, It's a small world and the tea cups. That's why I didn't think anything had changed 😂
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Robblps View Post
Ohh yeah, the breakfast is new 😂😂 I went to Magic Kingdom for EMH in May, we did Little Mermaid, Snow White, It's a small world and the tea cups. That's why I didn't think anything had changed 😂
This isn't related to EMH though, it's a change to the paid access Early Morning Magic.

EMM is an expensive luxury but it's so good.
Some things I pay for at Disney and afterwards I feel a bit... did I really pay that much just for that? Early Morning Magic didn't make me feel like that. It felt worth it and the breakfast was really good.
We're doing it again in 11 days and thoroughly looking forward to it.

I'm not convinced by the "upgrade" though so will wait to see how it plays out in practice.
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
I don't see this as much of an expansion or upgrade.

I did EMM twice last trip (it was just my son and I so relatively cheap way to avoid rope drop - no way I would fork over the cash for the whole family). Tea Cups was already open (I heard before going that was often the case)... and let's be honest - how many guests paying extra to access the most popular rides are actually going to go on IASW before the park opens? That would be a huge time drain even as a walk on.

Breakfast used to be served in Pinocchio Village Haus, which was centrally located to both SDMT and PP - the two attractions that people are using EMM for. Location-wise switching to Cosmic Rays is an inconvenient downgrade in my view. May seem like a small detail - but when paying that much for early access... every minute counts.

Despite the addition of Little Mermaid, Tea Cups and IASW - 99% of the EMM guests are still going to focus primarily on PP and SDMT. So Disney added a few attractions that most guests won't bother to visit during EMM, and moved the breakfast farther away. I don't see anything here that qualifies as an improvement.
I completely agree with all of this.

First of all, two of the three attractions they’ve added are usually walk-ons early in the morning anyway, and IASW (and Mermaid to a lesser extent) are fairly long rides so are going to use up quite a bit of EMM time without really providing much of a benefit. If you can ride teacups or JOTLM with a five minute queue at 9.30 during regular admission, why would you do that during EMM rather than take advantage of short lines for Mine Train and Peter Pan?

It definitely feels to me that Disney are doing this to increase the capacity of the event so they can sell more tickets, but in reality it could mean longer lines at the two event headliners.

Moving the breakfast to Cosmic Ray’s is going to mean an extra couple of minutes walk and having done EMM twice, I already felt really conscious of how precious time was and did a lot of watch checking.

We have done EMM twice. The first time in May 2017, we felt it was really worth it and I recommended it here on the Dibb based on our experience. We did Mine Train around eight or nine times and literally walked on every time, the train was half empty and the CMs let us choose the back row each time. Then we would come out of the exit door and straight round through the FastPass entrance door again without even having to walk all of the way out of the exit. We also did a ride or two on the other rides included, and felt the breakfast was good value.

This year, in August we did it again and had such a different experience. First of all, Mine Train was down for the first half an hour or so of the event’s operation which obviously didn’t go down great with people. To Disney’s credit, they did say we could continue using the wristbands in the FastPass line until 11 am to make up for it, but we had other plans elsewhere at the end of the event so that didn’t benefit us.

The main issue this year though was that there were definitely a lot more people at the event. I don’t know whether we just went on a very quiet day the first time and the event had not sold out, or whether they have upped the number of tickets available, but it was quite a different experience. Again, we had one ride on WTP and PP but the number of times we were able to ride Mine Train was fewer within the same time period (I think it was five). That is partly down to it not being operational at the beginning of the event, but we did have to wait in line for a few minutes every time we re-entered (around five minutes I would say, maybe a little less once or twice).

When Mine Train initially opened that morning (late) and everyone headed there, we weren’t surprised there was a wait, but an hour later there was still a wait, and this time they didn’t open the barrier so you could walk straight back round to line up until towards the end of the event. They couldn’t because the line went outside the FastPass entrance door for much of the event. We heard a few people saying they were surprised they were having to wait in line, one or two directly to CMs, and yes obviously it was only a few minutes but you don’t really get that long when you factor in breakfast before 10 and the fact that after 9am, regular park guests are able to ride it too.

It’s definitely not a cheap event and for us, the value was so much lower this time because of the different experience we had, yet the price we paid was pretty much the same. I definitely would not pay for this event again.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List