Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 12 Nov 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Highs, OK's and lows - Disneyland Paris - 9/11/18-11/11/18

So we have just come back from a short weekend trip to DLRP... our first in over 9 years and our first with DS (17 months old). All in all an amazing trip and wanted to share our highs and lows from the weekend!

We flew Friday evening at around 1700hrs and landed back Sunday evening at 2200hs, in and out of Liverpool!

There were 6 of us in total including me, DW, DS, and the In-Laws (FiL, MiL and SiL). This was the in-laws first visit to a Disney park outside of WDW!

Highs

So many highs...

Christmas decorations / shows - All fantastic. Main Street looked amazing with the tree and all of the decorations. Christmas parade was magical, and was DS first parade... he loved the characters, waving and blowing kisses to them! Constant Christmas songs playing around the park! Really gets you into the festive mood... albeit Christmas is not for another 6 weeks!

Parades - These were beautiful and again a massive highlight because DS seemed to love them! 1st parade was easier to see as it was raining so crowds were light and we got a position 10 mins before the parade started on Main Street. 2nd parade (normal one) was a little more difficult... we were there over 30 mins before and got a position in the Hub. But this will bring me to a low which I am sure many people will guess the main one!

Rides - Ratatouille in Disney Studios... absolutely amazing ride and cannot wait for this to arrive in WDW (hopefully similar). Also Hyperspace Mountain (have done this before)! Finally It's a Small World... DS first Disney ride. It had to be . Also ToT, still remains our favourite Disney ride!

Rider Switch - Rides brings me to baby switch. Worked well although we only used it once... was easy enough. You go to the exit with the non-rider and when the other party are off you then go on either via the exit or are given a FP (ToT). Used it on Hyperspace Mountain. Tried using on RnR but the ride broke down and we didn't bother again. ToT we already had a FP which still had 5 mins left when the other party got off!

Characters - I remember last time to meet the characters it was just a pushing fight (by most people) to meet them. However Lineberty worked great for DS to meet his first character... Pluto. We loved this moment. He gave Pluto a kiss and a high five! Amazing moment and made us feel much more comfortable about meeting the characters in WDW next April!

Food - Food in general was very good. We ate in Rainforest, Planet Hollywood, Caseys, Videopolois. Will take me to another low!

Parks - Lovely parks and we do really enjoy them! Nice to walk round, and few nice little bits compared to other parks we have been!

Transfers - We used EZY Shuttle. These were amazing. We kept in tough up to the trip and all during the trip to say all still ok for pick up etc. Great vehicles and really nice drivers... especially John! Highly recommend them!

OK's

Hotel - We stayed in Magic Circus hotel. Definitely an upgrade to the Santa Fe hotel we stayed in last time. However, was only OK! Breakfast was ok and same with the bar area.

Security checks - Neither a high or a low this one! Great that they have them, and was simple enough and quick enough to go through even with a pram and the bags that come with taking a little one (not just the ones under the eyes).

Flights - Normally a high for me (especially to Florida). However, can't complain about easyJet and getting through the airports either side. But I had just flown in from Hamburg the night before (Thursday evening) and think was just sick of flights. Think that was 6 easyJet flights in the space of 13 days!

Lows

The main low...

The People - Most lows will centre around the people, including the lack of Queueing etiquette, the smoking, lack of personal space and just pure ignorance from some people! Main times including getting the shuttle bus back from the hotel... what a nightmare, especially with a pram. No-one cared about that! Another reason why hotel was only ok... think we would stay in walking distance next time!

People smoking anywhere they wanted to in the park, although I did hear one cast member outside ToT ask one person to stop smoking or go to designated area!

Finally... the Queueing side of it all. Waiting for the parade with a seat right on the curb in Main Street with DW and DS, the In Laws just behind us. By the time the parade is about to start the crowd is 5-6 rows deep... well 2 kids decide to try push their way all the way to the front from the back encouraged by their family... they weren't getting past me. Don't get me wrong Better for kids to be near the front, but when there is clearly no space... a few children already either side of us, DW sitting on the ground with DS and myself crouching down (not sure how I got back up) to watch with DS. No space but still they try and push to the front.

Weather - Unfortunately we didn't get the best weather and it rained most of the weekend... we had prepared for it and just got on with it, but makes everything a little more difficult and I think DS would have had more chance to get out of his pram if the weather wasn't as bad! It was ok from mid/late afternoon on the Saturday which was our main day!

All in all we had an amazing trip and it was DS first Disney experience, which we loved! Seeing it all through his eyes was magical! We can't wait for WDW now when DS will be almost 2 years old!

Anyway... this was just a quick post to give an update. Any qs please ask!
Old 12 Nov 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting - sounds like a great trip!

Your lows are the exact reason we avoid DLP at weekends (I know that isn't possible for everyone), but the crowds are always crazy and unfortunately there are always those that only think of themselves.

I am very jealous at missing out on all the Christmas shows, they look fab from what I have seen
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Thanks for posting - sounds like a great trip!

Your lows are the exact reason we avoid DLP at weekends (I know that isn't possible for everyone), but the crowds are always crazy and unfortunately there are always those that only think of themselves.

I am very jealous at missing out on all the Christmas shows, they look fab from what I have seen
Haven't got much of a choice with DW being a teacher! We didn't find the Q's to be all that bad time wise... just the crowds around parades and the busses to and from the hotel!

Is it just me or does it feel like in Florida there are less of those people that just think of themselves? I am sure you get them everywhere, but just seems to be more obvious in DLRP!

Christmas shows were great!
Old 16 Nov 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

The People - Most lows will centre around the people, including the lack of Queueing etiquette, the smoking, lack of personal space and just pure ignorance from some people! Main times including getting the shuttle bus back from the hotel... what a nightmare, especially with a pram. No-one cared about that! Another reason why hotel was only ok... think we would stay in walking distance next time!
This is exactly why after 3 visits we have never been back to DLP! It was years and years ago we last went so I thought things might have changed but I guess not. We last went on NYE and waited in line for a bus for over 2hrs, while the locals all just pushed and shoved into one big throng at the stop, meaning the actual queue never moved.

I'm glad you had enough highs to make the trip still enjoyable!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List