Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathy2904
Earning More Ears

MSC Seaside

We are going from Miami in July and wondered what anyone else’s experience of MSC has been especially for teenagers. Thanks
Kathy2904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Mobile

There’s lot’s of info on Cruisecritic, particularly the MSC forum, reviews and roll calls.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi
We were on MSC Divina last Easter out of Miami doing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary. ( I believe Seaside is a brand new ship taking over from Divina on the Miami itineraries)

We had 2 teen boys with us, 14 and 17.
They used the teen club quite a lot, but they are not really club type kids, I think they could have got a lot more out of it.
They did go every night but didn't join in on all organised activities, but did the football stuff they arranged.
There is a teen area with music, computer games/screens etc.

One evening, my hubby and I walked past and peeped into the teen area - it was FULL with teens and they all seemed to be having a great time, so there was certainly a good uptake!

We weren't sure what our teens would think of cruising but they loved it and would go again without hesitation, the younger one is coming with us on 2 more cruises this October

Edit - About the ship - Divina was stunningly beautiful so Seaside is going to be bigger and better, and our experience overall was great. We had a balcony cabin and our cabin was always kept spotless. Food was very good and lots of entertainment onboard.
I'm sure you'll love it

P.S. I am hoping to get on Seaside at some point!

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi we are on the Seaside April and did the Divina 18 months ago ... in fact i did a mini trip report for the Divina so if you do a quick search you may see it...have done DCL 5 times and MSC are just as good and a lot cheaper with great Itineraries and entertainment...

here it is

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=993881

Edited at 10:52 AM.
kevbrydon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kathy2904
Earning More Ears

Thanks everyone, great information, Kev good to see you are still enjoying your hols, I remember our chats about a Florida when we met up at Scotch Corner and Chester le Street. Kathy
Kathy2904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Kathy2904 View Post
Thanks everyone, great information, Kev good to see you are still enjoying your hols, I remember our chats about a Florida when we met up at Scotch Corner and Chester le Street. Kathy
Yip still enjoying our Hols and last year was the 1st year we didn't do Florida in 26 years lol
Old 15 Jan 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
We did Divina YC in September last year and thoroughly enjoyed it!
In fact we enjoyed it that much we booked the seaside YC for November this year and are looking forward to it!
Old 12 Jan 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sunny1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Oliver123 View Post
We did Divina YC in September last year and thoroughly enjoyed it!
In fact we enjoyed it that much we booked the seaside YC for November this year and are looking forward to it!

Hi there Oliver123 please can i ask you a few questions about the YC and in particular about dining

we have a young adult who is very much plain steak or plain chicken kind of chap, the menus i have seen all look a little fussy for him, do you think they would be able to accommodate him ?

also did you go to any of the speciality restaurants and if so how did you find them ? any recommendations
sunny1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

We're also going on MSC Seaside in July what date do you go? We sail on 27th July. My kids are a bit younger 12 (nearly 13) and 7 when we go. I'm hoping there is enough to keep my eldest entertained as he really is at that awkward age if there is football on though, he'll be there The ship looks amazing. I read quite mixed reviews via FB and cruisecritic but i'm open minded and really looking forward to it.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List