Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Feb 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
WDW Newbie
Earning My Ears

DLP Newbie - pre-trip planning

Hi All
It has been sometime since I have been on the DIBB but we have booked our first ever trip to Disneyland Paris for Monday 18th March for 4 nights. We are novices having only been to WDW once in 2015 but I LOVE a bit of trip planning !
We are 2 adults and have booked Newport Bay Hotel, Lakeside Room (was cheaper than a standard in the deal), Eurostar indirect (better times for us) with no dining plan. I don’t suspect we got the cheapest deal going by any stretch but it fluctuated over a few days with the most expensive being £1450 with a standard room so we were happy to accept the deal we got.
We arrive at DLP Eurostar at approx. 3pm on the Monday so intend to walk/shuttle bus it to hotel and get ourselves sorted then head into Disneyland Park. Am I right – if we don’t have Disney Express (we are non-direct Eurostar and haven't added it to the package) then we make our way straight to the hotel to check in and collect tickets there – we can disregard any mention of collecting tickets from the express desk at the DLP Eurostar station?
I have made dining reservations for 3 nights and interested to know people’s views, advice:
• Monday 18th at 6pm at Plaza Gardens buffet – intention is to see the fireworks at 8pm. I wanted to do this on the first night as we have tendency to be early risers and then crash in the evening after dinner so wanted to make sure we absolute saw them!
• Tuesday 19th at 7pm at Hunters Grill buffet – it was this or Cape Cod but my partner is a complete non-fish eater/big meat-eater and I got the impression from research HG was a better choice in this regard that CC.
• Wednesday 20th at 6pm at Silver Spur Steakhouse – our first choice was Rainforest Café (it was a fave at WDW but appreciate it might not be comparable) but you can’t reserve so we will try to get this for lunch or dinner on Thursday.
• We will have a buffet breakfast at Cape Code on Friday – we leave early so no parks, just a chill out morning and big breakfast to set us on our way. Will try to reserve this on check-in.
• Other food places on the list is Earl of Sandwich, Vapiano and Annette's diner (likely for breakfast).
I’ve read Big Thunder Mountain will be closed whilst we are there which is a shame but still lots of other wonderful attractions. There weren't any other closures that concerned us.
I’m keen to see Mickey & The Magician and Mickey's Philarhmagic's. Any tips on times etc?
Think this is it but any advice is welcome.
Many thanks
DLP Newbie!
WDW Newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Your tickets will be valid for the day and available when you check in. A slight pain but if you have never been to DLP then the walk through the village isnt too onerous or you can get on the shuttle bus and it will take you to the hotel (probably better with suitcases!). Also looks good for meals. We tend to do buffets and just eat a cereal bar or fruit for breakfast. Im not a fan of silver spur or Rainforest cafe, neither have really served me a good meal.

Dont discount evening rides either, discoveryland looks great in an evening and queues can drop to walk on when people start going to wathc the show.

One tip, go ride rock n roller coaster as it will be gone forever in September.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We always do RFC at lunch time - we've never had much of a wait for a table.

As the park is only open until 8pm I'd really recommend moving your dinner reservation on one of your nights to make the most of the park time. As kk20 says above, even if you don't want to watch Illuminations again you can get so many rides done in the last hour or so whilst most other people are staking their spot for the show.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree with the above poster re moving one of your evening meals to a lunchtime. Bistrot Chez Remy in the studios would be a good choice.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW Newbie
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the advice. Will look into changing them!
Have made a plan for EMH rides - basically Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and Peter Pan's Flight for DLP and Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille for WDS.
BTM is closed during our week according to disneylandparis.com/en-gb/calendars/park-hours which is disappointing but will not get us down - lots more to do and see!
WDW Newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We always do RFC at lunch time - we've never had much of a wait for a table.

As the park is only open until 8pm I'd really recommend moving your dinner reservation on one of your nights to make the most of the park time. As kk20 says above, even if you don't want to watch Illuminations again you can get so many rides done in the last hour or so whilst most other people are staking their spot for the show.
Ooh, did not know RFC do lunch time. I dont know why I had it in my head they are closed til 5/5:30. Might have to reconsider our plans... hmmm.
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I second heading to RFC for lunch. We walked up at 1pm during a busy August and had no problems getting a table 🙂
Old 11 Feb 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Ooh, did not know RFC do lunch time. I dont know why I had it in my head they are closed til 5/5:30. Might have to reconsider our plans... hmmm.
It’s open from 11.30am each day. It’s definitely a lot quieter at lunch time than dinner and makes a nice break from the parks.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List