Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Feb 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilyboy
Earning More Ears

We have an app called Life360 which works well, assuming they have a phone. Just need to make sure the phone is on wifi (free in parks) and not set to mobile data, which will cost a fortune
Neilyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Friends who go with youngsters prone to running have the tags that sit on the shoe laces. Works well for them.

Re the daily photo, we always used to take ours at the end of the parking row or by the bus stop so that we could remember the parking row etc. That way kids thought it was because I was a flake with a memory of a goldfish rather than thinking that I thought they were going to be abducted every day.

Still, worth teaching kids where to find CMs.

WDW have a lot of experience if looking after kids whose parents have stupidly got themselves lost - but I think if you have a runner or a child about whom you have particular concerns then a tag or a contacts wristband can be helpful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Friends who go with youngsters prone to running have the tags that sit on the shoe laces. Works well for them.

Re the daily photo, we always used to take ours at the end of the parking row or by the bus stop so that we could remember the parking row etc. That way kids thought it was because I was a flake with a memory of a goldfish rather than thinking that I thought they were going to be abducted every day.

Still, worth teaching kids where to find CMs.

WDW have a lot of experience if looking after kids whose parents have stupidly got themselves lost - but I think if you have a runner or a child about whom you have particular concerns then a tag or a contacts wristband can be helpful.

Ill update. my strategy to include the parking

I worry most about my youngest who will be 8 when we travel. She's so shy, she wouldn't approach a cast member. She would most likely just stand and cry
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Neilyboy View Post
We have an app called Life360 which works well, assuming they have a phone. Just need to make sure the phone is on wifi (free in parks) and not set to mobile data, which will cost a fortune
My husband and I use this app for tracking each other when cycling. Its fab.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Stand on nearest bench and cry. Can be seen over heads easier then. CMS and others will come. Best option is to go to nearest ride/shop and speak to person on tills.

Worth your DD remembering in WDW it is never the kids that are lost. Always the parents. CMs are always really good at finding parents that have got themselves lost. It's not like it's the kid that is in trouble for wandering off its the parents 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

it might be worth attaching a TILE tag to them?

thetileapp/

they are £20 each, or 4 for £55 (£13.75 each) at the moment on amazon:

amazon/Tile-Mate-R...nguag e=en_GB

they are bluetooth trackers, but they rely on the mesh network of other people having the app installed on their phones too (they are fairly popular, especially in the US) so as long as someone with the app on their phone is in range of the tag (attached to a person, wallet, whatever) then it will report the location.

hth

Edited at 11:50 AM.
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

We lost both our daughters at theme parks.

Utterly frightening.

We have used Mummy I'm here teddy bear tag. They never got lost wearing it. It just beeps very loudly and attracts enough attention to locate your child.

Your little one might like a teddy on their shoe.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Before you go, explain how cast members all wear different uniforms but they all have the same shape name badge. It’s worth remembering as the parent that actually almost every single adult in the park would be helpful to a lost child, but it still feels best to have an official strategy, I think, and so that’s what we always review- their clothes look different but the badge is the same.

If you put your phone number on a child, make sure they know where it is (if possible) and also that it’s somewhere they can’t take it off. I will never forget the panic of a mum at the sink next to us in MK one morning. She’d written her phone number on all the kids’ wrists and then was dutifully getting them to wash their hands and the ink was running everywhere.

I’m yet to lose my own child at Disney but have witnessed both a child realising he’d lost his parents and a family being reunited and I put my hands up to the professionalism from the cast in both situations. They were top notch and it made me feel so much better about going to the parks with excitable children.

I don’t think trackers make sense for every child but in your case Op, they might. I’d see if you can find reviews for the specific model to see how accurate they can be. Knowing a child is ‘somewhere in MK’ is probably not going to make you feel any better if you become separated but something more accurate could help.
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List