Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Feb 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

We had a fp last time but wouldnt do it again - the fp seats are the furthest ones away and a nightmare when leaving. I'd rather get there a bit early and take a chance.
Old 14 Feb 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No , not worth it .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

No ... loads of seating as long as you dont arrive late..fast pass is a waste
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The only time we Had a bad seat was with a fastpass. So it's hit or miss. We don't bother now and always get a great view.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

The first time we had Fp for fantasmic it was a awaste of time and you do have to get their earlier to use the FP about 30 mins. So you could just rock up 30mins or so before and get a good seat.
if you where going around the opening of the the new mickey coaster or galaxies edge you may need one as it could be very busy.
As for river of light , there is loads of seating and we did not need a fP and turned up a couple of minutes before the start. We actually hung around near the FP entrance area as we were aware that they take the ropes down and let anyone in about 10 mins before the start.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
IAdoreWDW
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by corey1 View Post
We booked a fastpass a couple of years ago and turned up about 10 minutes beforehand. Seating in fastpass area was full and we had to sit at the back with a terrible view. So even with a fastpass you have to get there much earlier than we did. It was July so maybe busier than normal.
Exactly this happened to us in October. Slinky was down so we went to use our FP+ on Fantasmic and it was the worst view I’d ever had and I’ve been to see the show over ten times. Totally disappointed.
IAdoreWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

If it’s not a wasted FP then just book it. But you can’t turn up 10 minutes before the show and expect a good seat.

FP seating starts two sections from the middle and extends all the way round the left hand of the theatre to the very end. On busy nights you may even be put in the ‘standing section’. This is right at the back and there are bleachers to sit on... but if someone stands CMs can’t tell them off cos officially it’s called the standing pad.

Fantasmic word their fast passes as ‘guaranteeing you entry into the theatre’ - and not a specific section or even a seat to sit in. Furthermore, there’s actually nothing to stop people who don’t have a fast pass going to sit in the fast pass area of the theatre. For example, the best ‘fast pass’ seats start seating at theatre opening. I could quite easily walk through the stand by queue...get into the theatre and then walk over past VIP seating and then into where they’re seating fast pass. Once you’re inside the theatre they don’t check what you have unless you say you’re dining package or VIP.

It’s a bit of a free for all basically. If you want a good seat but don’t want to pay for dining package then I’d be turning up as soon as the theatre opens which is 90 minutes before show starts... and no later than an hour before. Especially with larger parties. If you’re a small party of two then you could maybe chance your luck to squeeze in somewhere.

Fantasmic is an amazing show but god bless the cast members cos pre show is just nuts and a free for all. I worked there for a summer and it was incredible but also incredibly stressful. 10 minutes before show starts and a party of 10 is trying to get seats together but also has a person in their party who’s in a wheelchair. I wanted to cry.

Sorry for the long ramble. But I’ve seen a lot of upset guests when they had a fast pass but ended up sat in the beast section which is riiiiight on the end. Disney doesn’t do a great job of explaining that a Fantasmic fast pass isn’t VIP middle of the theatre seating, and this is reserved for people who pay for the dining package or people who are genuine VIPs.

Forever dreading the day I no longer know any cast members at Fantasmic and then no longer have any way to get put onto the VIP list.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List