Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lpd222
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
Can’t understand why anyone would book with virgin. Completely overpriced for the same holiday that can end up to be £100’s cheaper elsewhere
It wasn't for us. Exact same holiday everywhere else (inc direct) was at least £1.5k dearer. But it does pay to shop around and compare.
lpd222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
All I can say is Disney Holidays seem to consistently come out around £3-£400 pounds cheaper on the dates I’ve tracked for 2A and 1C and sometime £6-700 cheaper. That’s on Virgin Atlantic direct flights to make it a fair comparison. So I probably won’t be booking Virgin Holidays again-ok they include the “free” hire car but it’s cheaper to hire another car than upgrade the free one!
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow, I used charter travel last year , DDP etc SSR , good price, went last October, didn’t get moved.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin have always come out much more expensive. I prefer to deal direct with Disney, if there’s a problem not so much of a head in sand attitude. One reads so many posts about travel agents Virgin not fulfilling thier commitments, Thomas cook and others , people can’t link their accounts until closer to the date. When I book I expect confirmation that Disney have my booking. Book direct deal with the issues direct.

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

For us its slightly out of the normal family package.

We want 3 upper class adults and a Mod. When i cost wdw plus flights, the package is cheaper.

Yes you could wait until a sale BA or Virgin and book accomodation with wdw but that is a spinning coin.

Also we have a little thing called brexit going on and goodness only knows how that will affect aviation costs in the UK, as most airlines forward purchase say a year hence for those positions the most important of which is fuel and they are all detrrmined by the exhange rate.

Disney332

PS i ‘get’ all ofthe views raised and thank you all.
I hope VH have learned their lesson. Businesses should all do this as the norm

Edited at 04:25 PM.
disney332 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Not always true. I've done DIY before and was always quick to Virgin bash. I was planning on doing DIY again but for a comparison got a VH quote and after a little haggling and with flying club discount I got the price I was looking to pay DIY but I also have the v room thrown in.
Completely same here! I was surprised as have never done a holiday company before always done DIY. This is my first VH and I'm so far happy. That said apart from them adding back on a transfer for £15 that I asked them to remove back in April when I booked I've had no issues. I always check prices both as a package and without and definitely this year VH did sell at a very good rate plus I got a $200 gift card as well.
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Star87
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I know we only read on here what people have posted, that may not be replicated elsewhere. However I seem to recollect seeing an awful of posts a while ago where people had been booked into Resort X by VH but then changed to Resort Y without an

Also if I remeber people affected were having to contact WDW themselves to get it sorted.

What type of business is that!

Would I book anything with VH?

Maybe car hire if VA stop doing it, possibly a late deal but that's about it.

Edit. I lay money you will get it cheaper going DIY.
We were one of those people! In fact we were messed about by them so much I cancelled and rebooked with ATD.
And we booked well after free dining had been released. The way VH handled it was very poor.
Star87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
Thompson have said to methere is an early booking offer coming out on 25th april but dont know what it is
So TUI say there’s an offer, but they don’t know what it is! Sounds like they are just trying to hook you.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List