Notices

View Poll Results: Frequent or luxurious?
I can afford it so I go often and luxurious both 70 16.71%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go more often on a budget 213 50.84%
I can't afford both so I prefer to go less often and have luxury 136 32.46%
Voters: 419. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Feb 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Tied to school holidays so takes a while to save up. Not going abroad this year but fingers crossed for Florida next year. We do split stay. Moderate at Disney for a week then rest on I Drive but a four star hotel. Good compromise I think.
The most important thing is if I feel I've got a good deal and caught the best of offers
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Location wins over luxury for me every time. I spend very little time in my hotel though. If I was a lie in the sun around the pool person I might feel differently.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Location wins over luxury for me every time. I spend very little time in my hotel though. If I was a lie in the sun around the pool person I might feel differently.
Luxury to me does not just mean the room - I would choose the luxury of having express access to Universal rather than simply the luxury of a premium hotel room for instance. So we would consider HRH a luxury but would not need to have a club room.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Luxury to me does not just mean the room - I would choose the luxury of having express access to Universal rather than simply the luxury of a premium hotel room for instance. So we would consider HRH a luxury but would not need to have a club room.
I've not stayed at HRH but I have stayed at several Disney deluxes and whilst BWI and Y&B were nicest , the rooms rather than suites I'd class as four star rather than deluxe when comparing them globally . Suites ... maybe but for me luxury isn't access but the room and hotel facilities and service levels so it's all incredibly subjective.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

We definitely are a family who go for the cheap and more often approach.

We live for holidays and breaks away but haven't had the spare cash to afford to go away as often as we'd like. Thankfully we're now getting to a place where we can afford to go away more frequently as we've managed to sort our finances out.

But with 5 of us this is still pricey so we'll likely go lower end stuff. However there is a certain standard we'd expect so we wouldn't go anywhere we felt wasn't acceptable even if it was dead cheap.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
We definitely are a family who go for the cheap and more often approach.

We live for holidays and breaks away but haven't had the spare cash to afford to go away as often as we'd like. Thankfully we're now getting to a place where we can afford to go away more frequently as we've managed to sort our finances out.

But with 5 of us this is still pricey so we'll likely go lower end stuff. However there is a certain standard we'd expect so we wouldn't go anywhere we felt wasn't acceptable even if it was dead cheap.
I am currently paying for older "kids" so counts as 4 adults one child. Therefore cheaper is best. As the numbers start going down in the future I would like to think my budget luxury aspirations might go up!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am currently paying for older "kids" so counts as 4 adults one child. Therefore cheaper is best. As the numbers start going down in the future I would like to think my budget luxury aspirations might go up!
We are finding this now. I am currently looking for a holiday for just DH and I for October after DD starts university and we are hoping for a 4/5* adults only resort as a treat. It’s a lot cheaper for just two 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I totally agree. Our eldest is 17 so is an adult so it has an impact on the cost. Who know how many more years she'll be coming with us - we always say she'll always be invited but the fact is when she starts working / moves out etc, she probably won't want to or be able to come with us.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suesmum
Apprentice Imagineer

suesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Years ago when we were younger we were quite happy to go for longer or more often but on a tight budget. The kids weren't bothered as long as they went. But now age has crept up and the body has given up fighting it … we prefer luxury but don't go every year now. Kids still happy to fit in with whatever. Luxury starts from the moment we lock the front door and lasts until we open it again.
suesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DadToThree View Post
I totally agree. Our eldest is 17 so is an adult so it has an impact on the cost. Who know how many more years she'll be coming with us - we always say she'll always be invited but the fact is when she starts working / moves out etc, she probably won't want to or be able to come with us.
I’d like to think/hope as a mum of one mine would love to keep coming on holidays with us forever...I know this isn’t trie though. So as she gets older my plan is to intersperse the holidays DH and I really want to go on with holidays she really wants to go on so she will come 🤣

Or I could have another baby... 🙈
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List