Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

Mobile Collapsible stroller?

Hi all,

My DD will be 8 months when we go to Florida, and we currently have an Egg travel system however on virgins website it says you can take a collapsible stroller and a car seat. Does anyone know if we could actually take our Egg if we pack it in a travel bag and deposit it at check in? Or, if not, any recommendations for collapsible strollers that aren’t too expensive. We would keep it for future trips. Thanks!
Old 15 Feb 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Yes, you’d be able to take your Egg pushchair but I think you’d find it easier to take something smaller instead.

There are plenty of travel pushchairs out there now that have great sun coverage that you can even take on the plane as hand luggage - which is ideal as you have access to the buggy as soon as you get off the plane.

We’ve taken a Yo-yo twice but they are quite expensive, however we sold ours for only £50 less than we paid for it so to do two holidays we felt it was worth it. A lot of other companies have bought out travel buggies now - the Silvercross Jet is said to fit on all planes.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
KirstF
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have an icandy for everyday use but brought the joie nitro for £50 lovely to push, good basket and sterdy easy to collapse! We brought the snooze shade and a chargable fan that fitted on it nicely too
KirstF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We have a joie litetrax. Really big hood and lies flat so ideal. If you want an umbrella stroller look at the zeta vooom, cheap, big hood, we had this prior to the litetrax and it was good, just too many trips on a plane took its toll on it!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jon&Emz
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We took a Pockett GB last time, we had it especially to go as its smaller than hand luggage dimensions fully folded, worked well and is all ready for our next trip.

Jon&Emz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

When I took my 7 month old I wanted him to be comfortable and still face me like he did st home so I took my proper buggy when was a baby jogger Versa gt. so I’d take the egg. Best in mind it has to gold in one piece to go on the Disney buses ( according to the website) and you’ll have no issues checking it in. You can still stop it st the gate if it’s being packed into a bag.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
livvyloo1991
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks all for your advice! We bought a Silver Cross Avia for 40% off so really pleased. Although it only faces forward my little one is nosy so she will love it, it lies near on flat and collapses easy and is really light!