Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Feb 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelleh86
Getting to know the DIBB

Mickeys not so scary Halloween party

Sorry - Probably been asked a million times. Heading out September with 2 girls (6&11). Is it really worth the money?
Chelleh86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelleh86
Getting to know the DIBB

MNSSHP - is it worth it?

Help! Heading out the 22 September. This will be my 3rd time - previously been May & June! Keep reading mixed reviews about the MNSSHP. Is it worth it? Have 2 girls 6&11. Don’t want to pay all that money to go & have to stand in massive queues 🙄

Edited at 11:30 PM.
Chelleh86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

If you are planning on visiting Magic Kingdom as part of your holiday then I personally wouldn’t pay extra for MNSSHP. However, If you don’t have Disney world parks in you plans then I would recommend MNSSHPt tickets. We did it last year entering the park at 4pm and we pretty much did every single ride by the end of the night and watch the special edition parades and shows.
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelleh86
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

thank you. This trip we are only doing disney.
Old 17 Feb 19, 12:45 AM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Only you can determine ‘worth it’.
Different folks definitely have differing opinions on costs..

However; having been to both Christmas and Halloween nights
I much preferred mnsshp & would absolutely go again.

If you / your children like sweets-its a done deal.
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Chelleh86 View Post
Sorry - Probably been asked a million times. Heading out September with 2 girls (6&11). Is it really worth the money?
the other reply got it spot on, "worth it" is a judgement only you can make, hard if you've never been.

To me, the parade is the best they do, fireworks amazing, atmosphere is really spooky and great. There ARE less people than normal although not as few people as you'd think being a ticketed event.

I guess to me it's like this. What, if anything, would you be giving up to attend? if you've not giving up anything then heck yeah try it! if you'd have to choose between a character meal and the party then you'll want to read some more reviews.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Agree with the 2 posters above. Out of the 2 parties available I’d go for MNNSHP every time. The parade is unique and the trick or treat stations much more fun than hot chocolate and cookies imho. Also,you can go in costume and so many costumes are amazing.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

I agree with the sentiments expressed above, (with one exception) but I can only comment on our experiences up to 2015, as due to health / business issues we have missed out in recent years!

However, the "fog" has now cleared and we will return to the Land of the Mouse this September! Since there has been a lot going on during our absence, and although we certainly will not be Mickey "virgins" ... (been over 20 times) both of us are excited to visit / experience ALL THE NEW STUFF!

My only exception referred to above? And DW totally disagrees with this by the way, but hey-ho... Over the years the MNSSHP has expanded out of all proportion! This is good news for Visitors, since it gives the opportunity to attend the Event both in periods before, and sometimes even after the "core H party dates!"

However, running in parallel with more H nights has come more tickets being made available for each session. Now I do recognise that your experience is only as good, bad or indifferent as your last visit, and for me my most recent impression was not good, as the that the Park that night was absolutely rammed!

This totally detracted from my entire experience, my real concern was reinforced by Disney not seeming content with just having more and more H nights, year on year, but increasing attendance numbers as well! What's everyone elses views?

NB - DW's contribution is, I am sure on it's way!

Cheers.
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I’m going to throw a spanner in the works and say no, it wasn’t worth it for us.
I’d been desperate to go the MNSSHP for many years, but due to working in a school I thought I’d never get there due to the timings. However, as if by magic, last year they moved the dates forward and the first party date coinicinded with our dates that we were out there during the summer holidays, so we bought tickets. I was very excited!
I don’t know if it was because I had built it up in my head because I’d been looking forward to it for so long, but I came away feeling deflated.
Firstly, bearing in mind this was mid August, it was too hot to be giving out chocolate. Anything we got from the trick or treat stations had to be eaten pretty much immediately. Anything we took home with us ended up a mushy mess in the packaging. I must admit, I’d had visions of us bringing back loads of candy which would help, in part, to justify the expense of the tickets!
Secondly, being the opening night of the party, it was packed. There were signs up as we entered the parks saying it was fully booked. This meant that we had to wait in long lines for treats and rides (30 minutes for Splash mountain and a couple of treat stations, 40 minutes for pirates ...).
However, the parade was amazing, we loved it. But I wouldn’t say it was worth us paying for a ticket just for the parade. Plus we left just as the fireworks were starting as my niece started feeling a bit poorly. We did see them from the boat dock, but missed out on the full experience.
I see the date you’re looking at is a few weeks later than ours so your experience will more than likely be different to us. To be honest, I felt a bit gutted as my expectations had been so high. It wasn’t anyone’s fault, crowds are inevitable and the weather is obviously out of anyone’s control. Maybe if we’d played it differently we’d have had a different experience. Perhaps holding off of the treats and rides until later, I’m not sure. All I know is that it’s tarred my opinion somewhat and won’t be paying to do it again (there were 8 of us, so you can imagine the expense!).
I know many people who love going, but for me I think it’s best off going once the weather has started to cool and it’s closer to October.

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018

Edited at 08:04 AM.
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

to be honest real honest your paying to use the rides youve already paid to use you get cookies and hot chocolate and two small parades not trying to dampen it but for a family its way over prices
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List