Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 30 Mar 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
A 'wet' latte (silly name! ) is a latte WITHOUT the foam.

I love everything about the latte as a coffee but I detest the foam.
They hold back the foam when pouring the milk, sometimes using a knife across the spout of the jug.
I will accept a small residual amount of foam as it can't be helped but detest the thick layer, yuk yuk yuk.

I have to have mine extra hot too

I'm quite a difficult customer!
but if I'm paying their prices I want it how I want it!
I can absolutely relate to you because I also have a skinny and wet latte and if it's not skinny or wet it goes back.

I am always polite when returning my latte if it's not wet or extra hot. I almost always know when my latte has lots of foam because of the weight of it.

Sometimes when I return it the staff try to take the foam off and then top it up with milk, but because the coffee goes in last and sits on the foam it weakens the drink and that is not acceptable, so I always ask for a fresh one.

My local Costa and Starbucks staff know me and I rarely have a problem, so it doesn't have to go back too often.

I finally feel that the new social group is going in the right direction.

Edited at 11:56 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithkfs
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently sat in my local Costa with my medium latte, bacon roll and the Dibb

Kath x

Disney All Stars Movies Resort - 2006
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2007
Disney All Stars Sports Resort - 2010
Disney POFQ - 2013
- Smithy Goes Solo - Sept 2013 - Trip Report
Disney Pop Century Resort - 2015 - Disney and Me - Sept 15 - Trip Report
Smithkfs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smithkfs View Post
Currently sat in my local Costa with my medium latte, bacon roll and the Dibb
I’m also in a costa having lunch with the family. I was in Starbucks earlier this morning so today is an expensive costa/Starbucks day.

I really feel this new social group is going well.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I’m also in a costa having lunch with the family. I was in Starbucks earlier this morning so today is an expensive costa/Starbucks day.

I really feel this new social group is going well.
Hmmmmm not sure you are fully in control here MH. Then again what do I know 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyjcm
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh can I join please, I’m a regular at Costa and would love someone to break down the lingo for coffee ordering. I’ve just discovered that I can ask for my ‘shot on the side’ for my vanilla latte which is great as I can pour in 3/4 shot for my perfect drink.
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tillyjcm View Post
Ooh can I join please, I’m a regular at Costa and would love someone to break down the lingo for coffee ordering. I’ve just discovered that I can ask for my ‘shot on the side’ for my vanilla latte which is great as I can pour in 3/4 shot for my perfect drink.
That is very interesting and useful for the social group members who wouldn't have known that. My wife only has medium lattes with just the one shot, but she instantly knows if they've put the standard 2 shots in (it immediately goes back).

I think it's important that we are assertive in returning our coffees if they aren't what we asked for or to the required standard.
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Hmmmmm not sure you are fully in control here MH. Then again what do I know 😂
I do agree that the social group started off a little shaky, but I believe people now know the requirements to be a member, and I feel the last few posts have been very much on track. I see this social group growing from strength to strength.
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

I like coffee but mine has to be decaf or I get a migraine. I have recently discovered the chai lattes from Costa - really lovely x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
DD wishes they served the mint choc chip coolers all year long, but alas she has to boycott Costa during the winter much to DS annoyance as they serve his strawberries and cream cooler all year round.
Old 30 Mar 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Also if you travel a lot - download the Moto app - it generally gives you 20% off at Costa - which is really 10% as they are about 10% more expensive at the services x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List