Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 14 Jul 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the reminder Ninja - have updated the countown now. We were originally going on 22nd but changed after finding a better deal on 8th :-). We are now POFQ for 9 nights and AKL for the last 5 nights with 2 nights universal in the middle.

We now have our Universal Hotel booked - ended up with Cabana Bay as price was good and we still get the early entry. Not as fussed about Fast Pass as one of our party should be eligible for the DAS (universal equivalent). Even without this we are quite happy with just the early entry. So 2 nights booked and will probably spend 3 days at Universal.

It was day 330 this week so have the outbound seats selected - Row 79 in bubble! Very excited about that. Just need to wait until 26th July to get the inbound seats selected. There was a problem with Virgin's seat map online this week so they waived the charge for bubble seats which saved us 100+ which I was delighted with - every penny counts :-).

Hope everyone is enjoying planning - the countdown seems more real now that we are under 1 year away :-)

This weeks tasks for me are watching You Tube videos on Disney Food Blog (my new favorite thing) and making notes of yummy foods and good restaurants. I'm already driving DH mad with this ha ha!
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We're going on the 8th too
Old 29 Jul 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Anyone booked flights yet?
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 04:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

We booked a package - first time ever that we've done this for America for the 2 of us!

Ordered our 2 day Disney tickets other day.. There on the way..
Old 30 Jul 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Anyone booked flights yet?
Not yet. I'm telling myself I'm waiting for a sale from either Virgin or Norwegian. In reality I'd much prefer Norwegian and will probably get itchy keyboard fingers as soon as my return dates are released. I know what I'm happy/comfortable with so as soon as I get there I'll pull the trigger.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Us neither, cheapest we have seen up till now is near 600 (we want to go direct) and I'm sure we can get cheaper out of term
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
hodd10
Earning My Ears

We are going on the 8th June too!. 4 of us. First time trip for 3 and my first since '98 when I was a teenager. So excited. Flights, Car and Villa booked along with tickets. Just have to pay for it now. Does anyone know of a place to sell a kidney haha!
hodd10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hodd10 View Post
We are going on the 8th June too!. 4 of us. First time trip for 3 and my first since '98 when I was a teenager. So excited. Flights, Car and Villa booked along with tickets. Just have to pay for it now. Does anyone know of a place to sell a kidney haha!
Where are you flying from?
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
hodd10
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by Bubble123 View Post
Where are you flying from?
We are flying from Gatwick into Tampa via BA. Staying at Highrove. The plans on what we are doing change on a daily basis it seems. First no Disney and just Universal. Now it is everything bar Seaworld!
hodd10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazbo
VIP Dibber

Cazbo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are going 29th June to 13th July. Flights and villa booked, so excited 😁
Cazbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List